New Waves gtr thingy

here

Anyone tried this yet?

I’m having hardware probs at the moment, so although I’ve D/L’ed the Demo, I can’t try it out. :(

<!–QuoteBegin>

Like all of Waves acclaimed plug-ins, Waves GTR was designed to provide recording professionals with a level of sound quality and performance previously unattainable in software.
Waves’ goal wasn’t to offer jusft another substitute for real amps and effects, but to create a tool engineers and producers could use as their first choice, with no excuses. It was also crucial that Waves GTR satisfy session guitarists accustomed to the very best in tone and feel.

The first step was the development of an entirely new, proprietary sampling method for guitar amps, cabinets, microphone placement and effects which produces tones of unmatched realism.

Next, the amp and effects plug-ins were developed independently and optimized to meet professional requirements for mono and stereo recording (including dual amp and dual cabinet options), MIDI control, and routing flexibility.

Finally, Waves teamed with Paul Reed Smith Guitars to refine the system’s tonal options, improve user efficiency, and to create a
hardware interface that would deliver a superior input signal.

Sorry, Ali, I can’t comment on the new waves guitar thingy, but I just wanted to pop in to say I like your new sig.

<!–QuoteBegin>

"Sin? Sin ain’t none of that stuff!
Sin is treating people like things. That’s where it all starts, treating people like things."

I LOVE Granny Weatherwax (a huge Pratchett fan) and that qoute hits it on the head outside of discworld as well…

W

Yeah Wihan, Terry Pratchett is the biz ain’t he? :)

Not only his stupendous sense of humour, but the way he can rotate the simplest thing by 90 degrees and let you see it completely afresh.

But I’m really itching to try this new Waves thingy out. I really enjoy my NI Guitar Rig, but a Waves guitar FX processor has to be something else.

I’ve been a Waves fan for a couple of years now. There’s lots of good freebies around: Kjaerhus, Digital-Fish, etc., are all very nice; but after you start using Waves, there’s no going back. :)

Now I know where you’re coming from guys. I’ve read everything Terry Pratchett has written, sometimes many times over. My signature is from the thoughts of Mrs Cosmopolite as related to Lu Tze,The Sweeper in " Thief of Time". ( Aahh! To taste her Beans baked upon the toast)
If anyone ever wants to know how the “Press” operates in our world, Just read “The Truth”…sheer genius!
Cheers,
Ian

Yeah, Pratchett rocks. One, two, many, lots.

I used to have the “We’re on a mission from Glod” as my signature.

I’ve read a few too and I used to have ‘learjeff for president’ as my sig file :)

<!–QuoteBegin>

Lu Tze,The Sweeper in " Thief of Time"

Ah! That was his second appearance in a book Ian, what was his first? And what was his third? :D

<!–QuoteBegin>
I’ve read a few too and I used to have ‘learjeff for president’ as my sig file

That’d be the Learjeff who Twoflower originally bought Luggage from yeah? :cool:

<!–QuoteBegin>

Ah! That was his second appearance in a book Ian, what was his first? And what was his third? :D

He was in Nightwatch, but Small Gods was his first.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Smart arse! :p :D
Quote (Willy @ Dec. 14 2005,02:45)

You guys got far too much time on your hands :D

Cheers,

Ian

'I’ve been a Waves fan for a couple of years now. There’s lots of good freebies around: Kjaerhus, Digital-Fish, etc., are all very nice; but after you start using Waves, there’s no going back’

I agree. I shelled out big bucks for a bunch of waves plugins a couple of years ago and I hardly use anything else these days. The verbs and comps are great.