Nob recording question

Hi, I’m learning to play jazz piano, and I want to make a couple of play along recordings (bass and drums) for some of the tunes I know.

I’m assuming I can record a bass.wav and a drums.wav, and import them into n-track, and mix it down to a single wav file - yes?

I downloaded and installed the software, and I looked at the 91 page instructions, but I’m not seeing anything jumping out at me that would help get me started. Any tips?

Thanks
Robert

I’m assuming I can record a bass.wav and a drums.wav, and import them into n-track, and mix it down to a single wav file - yes?

Yes.

Or you can play both files together, and add whatever tickles your fancy. Leaving the files seperate would allow you to tweek them later in the mix as parts are added.

I downloaded and installed the software, and I looked at the 91 page instructions, but I’m not seeing anything jumping out at me that would help get me started. Any tips?

Check levels, press record, and tickle those ivory’s my man, righteous!

BTW…we’re did you find that 91 page manual? I’ve been using this thing for 7 years…and haven’t needed it yet, but you never know, would be nice to have around I guess…

keep shinin’

jerm :cool:

Hey Jerm, Maybe I’ll follow your example and just go play around with it. The manual is here:

http://www.fasoft.com/n-Track_Manual.pdf

Cheers,
Robert

Ok just a little FYI.
You being a musicin probably already know this but just in case it will save you time later.

Make shure you track the bass and drums to the same BPM (beats per minute)
This way you can do your thing with the metronone inside Ntrack, then if you decide to say add a real drummer, or bass players tracks later your live piano track will be in synce.

Happy trackin’

jerm :cool: