Not long left!

Until the cygnet is born

Hi everyone

How are ya’all? It feels like it’s been forever since I last popped in! did I miss much?

I’ve got a little over 6 weeks left now until my due date (29th July) and I’m just about ready to pop! Luke (The baby) is now engaged and so it could happen any time from here on in :)

We’re getting pretty excited and i’m getting pretty tired of back pain…i’ve seen a physio and am on stronger pain killers now but have been suffering to the point of not being able to function as a normal human being for a month or so now…pregnancy is so frustrating and debilitating…but worth it in the end :)

I haven’t been able to play guitar for a while now but a still writing and have loads of recording to get done as soon as i’m back in business. My recording set up has been down for a long time now (due to lack of space and equipment) and it’s way overdue getting back in working order…

We’ll be moving to a new 3 bed home, this time next year and I should finally have proper room for a studio :) In the meantime I’m planning to buy myself a Tascam DSP-008 to make recording easier, and am thinking of joining the world of Cubase… any influences or ideas etc???

Anyhow, I will stay in touch and post some pics of Luke once he finally arrives :)

Love to you all. xxx

Awww… You’re looking very beautiful Mrs. Swan. Here’s to you and the family. Hoping for the best for all.
:)

KW (D)

PS Cubase is a solid program. I’ve had ‘LE’ versions of it for years and it works well enough. I just prefer the Reaper. :agree:

You’re both looking gorjuss, Ange.
Mate of mine has used Cubase forever - swears ‘by’ it and seldom ‘at’ it.

PS. You wanna get that lump looked at;-)

Quote: (TonyR @ Jun. 15 2011, 4:30 PM)

PS. You wanna get that lump looked at;-)

hehe

I think Cubase could be the way to go as i've some experience using it and watching my producer use it at the studio, but i've heard loads about Reaper...forgive my ignorance, but what are the differences?

Looking fine and healthy Ange. :agree: :agree:

Quote: (ange @ Jun. 27 2011, 6:01 AM)

I think Cubase could be the way to go as i've some experience using it and watching my producer use it at the studio, but i've heard loads about Reaper...forgive my ignorance, but what are the differences?

I suggest trying both. Reaper is pretty deep for 'power users' IF you need the bells and whistles. It's easy to use IMO, but that's subjective and depends on each user. If you're already familiar with Cubase, it might be the better choice. You'll find both a lot more stable than n-Track I'm sure. If you don't do a TON of MIDI work, Reaper kills for audio recording/editing and such. Cubase, being a much more mature (old) program is a little more full featured in the MIDI department.

The full blown Cubase is rather expensive as well. A single, non-commercial Reaper license is only 40 USD. So if cost plays a role... :)

KW

PS The Reaper "demo" is the exact same, fully functional program as the registered product. Buying a license simply removes the nag screen that appears after 30 days of trial.

I think she was making a joke.

Quote: (TomS @ Jun. 27 2011, 1:07 PM)

I think she was making a joke.

No mention of n-Track... hence... no joke. :D

KW