Ntrack & BCF2000 USB controller

I’m trying to get the two to talk to eachother. So far, I’m only getting one way communication from the controller to ntrack. The device doesn’t seem to detect when I change parameters directly on ntrack. Any ideas?

Ben

N has a learn button check it out on the pref.

peace…

sorry i think it only works on midi… but it won’t hurt to try. i forgot mine’s not a usb contrlr.

peace…

Even though it’s USB, it still passes midi commands. Ntrack’s learn function works for ntrack to learn how to respond to controller events, but I can’t get the controller to reciprocate and respond to ntrack. The controller also has a learn function, but it just sits and hangs - apparrently it’s not getting the communication back from ntrack. Don’t know if there’s some special way I have to configure midi devices or what. Neither Ntrack or BCF2000 have much documentation on this.

What does the documention say? It sounds like the controller is sitting ther waiting for an event that never gets there. What are you doing in n-Tracks to send MIDI events to the controller, which what it is most likely waiting on?

Did Flav ever implement two-way communication for controllers? I think I read somewhere that n only responds to MIDI control information but does not send controller info back to the external controller? For example, moving a fader on screen with the mouse does not generate controller info for the controller to move the motorized fader(s) accordingly. I dunno? Anybody have a clue?

TG

just spoke to behringer. Still can’t get to the bottom of the problem. It doesn’t seem like ntrack is sending out any midi signal.

Does anyone know if ntrack supports mackie HUI controllers? The BCF2000 has a Mackie emulation mode.

I tried plugging it into a different USB port, and it straight away started working. I love this thing - as others have said, it feels well built and is fairly easy to use.

Behringer’s tech support team were also outstanding - no wait time, didn’t try to kick me off the phone even when it looked like the problem might be with ntrack, and even called me back to see how it was going.

Ben,

So you move a fader with the mouse and the BCF follows?

TG

it working fine for me. only thing is Master Volume wont recieve, only send. bummer but everything else works perfectly.

Quote (bdemenil @ Jan. 12 2005,18:02)
I'm trying to get the two to talk to eachother. So far, I'm only getting one way communication from the controller to ntrack. The device doesn't seem to detect when I change parameters directly on ntrack. Any ideas?

Ben

I have the same problem with my tascam fw1884 - ntrack receives the midi-signals, but it doesn't send them back :(

Hi… In the faders configuration panel, near the bottom, there are checkboxes that say “receive” and “send”. Be sure to select “send” for each of the controller events and then the BCF2000 will respond appropriately…

Mark