nTrack Mobile on Android muliple tracks same time

Hi,

I started using nTrack today and it’s AMAZING! It’s unbeliveable how so much quality can be provided for free. I would easily pay at last 10 USD if it was not free!

But I found a problem: I created 2 tracks, each one with an instrument (piano and nylon guitar). I connected my midi controller and it works fine, but only one single track can be played/recorded at a time.

Isnt it possible to record multiple tracks/instruments at the same time? For years I am using Audio Evolution app (which I had to buy, it’s not free) which is very similar to nTrack but it allows multiple recording and live playing of instruments.

Many brazilian people are using audio evolution just for live playing. At my church I know at least 14 people who bought Audio evolution just for that: live playing multiple instruments. Unfortunatelly, for some reason nTrack does not allow that (or I dont know how).

Audio evolution got too buggy in the last months, it’s not reliable anymore to live playing. So I am looking for other apps to do that.

If it’s not possible yet to play multiple tracks/instruments at the same time, would you guys consider enabling that? Maybe creating a paid version, I would be more than happy to pay you and I can easily recommend at least 10 people that will certainly 100% sure buy it to replace Audio evolution.

If you mean you want to play and record multiple instrument tracks with the same MIDI controller, you can definitely do that. By default n-Track arms for recording (i.e. allows to receive MIDI inputs) only the selected track. If you want multiple tracks to receive the MIDI from the keyboard press the circular rec-arm button on the left side of the track and select “Arm recording” from the popup menu. See the screenshots below.
You can also record (and live process with plugins) multiple audio tracks at the same time, if the audio device allows to.
Make sure you use the latest update (it should report 900806930 at the bottom of the settings box) available via Google Play, the previous update had a sporadic issue related to midi recording.

Flavio.

P.s.: n-Track has a Free edition but also the Standard, Extended and Suite paid editions

1 Like

Dear friend Flavio,

First of all, you were of great help and kindness. What you said worked perfectly! I also liked that you said there are paid versions that I was not aware, I will certainly take a look at what those version offer because I currently paid for Audio Evolution, FL Studio and Cubasis but their support lacks any help!

After you taught me how to use 2 tracks enabled at the same time I got into one problem: if I have a track armed, then I play a note on my MIDI CONTROLLER (and not release the note) and after that I disarm the track, the note that was pressed keeps playing indefinitly being impossible to stop it (even releasing and repressing the note in the midi controller does not fix). I think you should implement a logic in your app to stop every sound from being played when the track is unarmed and a note/key was pressed before that.

One more thing: on Audio Evolution, Cubasis and FL Studio, I can set specific tracks to ignore the sustain pedal. I cant find this option in your app. It’s useful when playing multiple tracks armed and I was just one of the tracks to ignore the sustain pedal while I am live playing. Is it possible to add this feature to the paid version of your app?

Last thing: on Audio Evolution, Cubasis and FL Studio I can configure faders on midi controller to control the volume of each track. In those apps I can set CC midi values to control volume on specific tracks.

Most people here in Brazil are using Audio Evolution and FL Studio for live performance (I can surely say to you that only in my city at least 1 or 2 hundred people use apps like AE, FL studio and Cubasis). I still didnt find any person that uses NTRACK and so far I am really enjoying your app, very efficient, the user interface is awesome. But I still miss the 2 things I suggested you above, if you think I need to use the paid version to have those features please tell me that I will buy the paid version ASAP!

You can use midi learn to associate a knob or fader in the midi controller to a track’s volume. You can find more info in the video tutorial

The next update will fix the “stuck” note issue when changing the rec-arm of a track while a note is playing, and will also add an ‘Ignore sustain pedal’ option in the track properties box (long press on the track → Properties). The update will be live next week.

Flavio.

1 Like

You are awesome!!! Please tell me: which of the versions (Standard, Extended and Suite) should I buy in order to get the fix/features you explained in your last comment? I will get it right now! You support already proved way way way better than the support of other apps!

BTW, the way you implemented midi learn is MILES ahead of the manual methods I used in other apps like Audio Evolution which you really need to set CC manually… Congratulations! I will soon make a youtube video about your app so more gospel brazilian folks start to know it!

The “Ignore sustain pedal” setting will be on even the Free edition.
When you get a chance to try it next week please let me know if the new update works for your use case.

Flavio.

1 Like

Thank you so much my friend for implementing the Ignore sustain option, thanks a lot! I have one new suggestion that other DAWS like Audio Evolution and Cubasis does: after creating an instrument track (midi) and after the user select the instrument, the track should automatically be renamed to the instrument name instead of “Track X” - after that, if the user wants, he can change the name to whatever he wants. This saves lots of time to people which import lots of instruments (like me) and are often creating tracks and having to rename them every single time to match the instruments name.

One last thing: I am wondering about buying the PRO version but I read someone saying that the soundfont (sf2) only works if I have a single instrument inside the soundfont. Is that true? Because when using Audio Evolution and FL Studio and many other DAWS, they allow importing soundfont files that contains hundreds of instruments and after the user imported the soundfont he can choose which instrument he wants to use in the track. I have some soundfonts that have at least 300 instruments and it would take a lot of time creating separate soundfonts to each instrument and it would also become hard to manage those hundreds of files.

Thanks again!

You can use any sound in an sf2: after importing the soundfont sf2 file, you can select the sound between those available in the soundfont using the “Program” setting in the track properties box.

Flavio.

1 Like

Thank you my friend! And do you think you could implement the feature I told you before (I will copy below)?

I have one new suggestion that other DAWS like Audio Evolution and Cubasis does: after creating an instrument track (midi) and after the user select the instrument, the track should automatically be renamed to the instrument name instead of “Track X” - after that, if the user wants, he can change the name to whatever he wants. This saves lots of time to people which import lots of instruments (like me) and are often creating tracks and having to rename them every single time to match the instruments name.

That would be awesome for people like me that creates lots of projects all the time and have to keep renaming every single track after adding an instrument. Could you please take a look at that?