Older PC

I have a Pentium 3 450Mhz PC which I would like to convert intoi a recording studio for my sons burgeoning music career. Does any one know what, if any, version of n-track will work with this spec. OPC and whether it will be any good to get started with?

many Thanks

Mark

I used nTrack on my PIII 500 Mhz / 320 Meg RAM / 8 Gig HDD-5400 RPM / nTrack ver. 3.3. It worked fine for me. Don’t know if you can still get 3.3, you would have to contact the author of the program I suppose.

Old version DEMOs can be found here:
http://ntrack.com/__old_download.shtm

I would guess that you just go to the Contact link ln the left and choose
To contact us click here
unless some other users know a more direct way to contact him.

My son rejected all my software ideas and bought ProTools.

I recorded my first 4 track CD on a Celeron 350Mhz using n-track version 2.something.

Of course tuning the PC for optimum performance for audio was paramount. I seem to remember getting 10 or so mono 16/44.1 tracks and I was using Win98 lite at the time. (Worth considering if it’s still available).

Mark

You can still get older versions, I’m pretty sure. After I got 4.x I went and got the codes for 3.3 from Flavio. But I would think you could still buy the older version outright. Write him, ask. Bet he won’t say ‘no’.

I posted this reply in the “Anything Else” forum…

<!–QuoteBegin>

I use to run Version 3.3 on a PII 450 using the built-in soundcard and Win 98SE. It worked well but would start to choke if I threw a LOT of plugins into a song. I could usually get 10-15 tracks going OK at 16/44.1 though. Just watch the plugin usage, use the Aux busses wisely and render stuff pretty often and you can get pretty complicated jobs done on a lowly 450mhz box.

D

D :)

Still running 3.3 on a PII/450 as of today. I’m a minimalist as far as plugins go, therefore it’s perfectly acceptable to work with for me.

The last time I downloaded the 3.3 version at http://www.fasoft.com/__old_download.shtm it was an unlockable one that worked with my 3.x codes. I’m sure Flavio would sell you an old version’s Code if you ask.