On Bitch'in Song

Just thought I’d Share

Itch’in ta’ Bitch

http://www.wcaga.com/BrianMead/ItchintaBitch.mp3

Please post anything of interest you might find in this song.

Nice guitar work, how’d you record it?

Well, recording the guitar all started with practice, lots and lots of practice(the dry ice method). Then, I direct injected the CO2 rythem track in one take into N-Track along with the timing track (drum machine). After checking the recorded levels I hit record button and used the improvisation method to direct-inject the lead track in one take. Then I added my wonderfully RAW vocals in one take.

Formula for making good music is:

talent = 1 percent inspiration + 99 percent perspiration

Brian Mead

A few years ago someone here posted a song about n-Track Studio that sounded very similar to this. That really has nothing to do with your song, does it?

Okay…

I hate the drum intro! I don’t think I really need to explain why.

Drums in general are pretty weak.

"Tossin’ and turnin’
Scratchin’ and burnin’
Itchin’ ta bitch
Itchin’ ta bitch"

You sing that so convincingly, with so much rage. I like that. It sounds good.

On the other hand… The “how many times do you count the numbers” part is terrible. You really need to redo those vocals. There’s nothing wrong with being raw, but that’s outta tune and outta time.

I like the leads in the background around the 2:10 mark.

Do you listen to a lot of Raw Power-era Iggy Pop? That’s what this song reminds me of.

I like the song - but I think the performance could be better.

I don’t believe this song has any roots to any previous N-Track song. I’m a dialup guy and I’ve never downloaded any music from the internet, although many times I’ve so much longed to listen to the post from this board.
There is a nearby ClearChanel station that has a local rock program and I wrote this so they could make a point to everyone submitting music as to what they will no longer be playing on the air. The lyrics pretty much cover the dope smoken basement bands with a Casio Keyboard and a Drum Machine.
My lyrics stash has been preserved from suff I never used back in the 70’s. The terrible part was very much intentional and my ANTARES rack unit tells me it actually is in tune (just not with the song).
I can’t recall any Iggy Pop, I’ll try and find some to listen to.
Putting 400hrs into this song for performance was not the goal. And I have put 400hrs into many single songs over my life.
Unemployed at this time I find myself with to much experience as a Long Hair and me piled higher and deeper making communitcation with others somewhat difficult to do anything meaningful but to slip back into the way of this little town I reside in. Problem being I don’t drink or do drugs, the school system is 20yrs behind, no such thing as real-time banking and I don’t often buy anything new.
I hope with all my heart that some of you who do listen to to my post will hear in it what is beyond electronics.

I would love to redo this song sometime with a better performance. My best way would be to do it live, but living in central Ohio I get restricted by band politics. I would like to move but I haven’t found anyone to tell me where to move to that would allow me to just play my music without having to pay. Where I’m at now the locals enjoy laughing at me and I enjoy playing in my living room with the windows open in the wee hours of the morning. There once was a day when being a ghost was fun and paid well.

Brian Mead

Quote (BrianMead @ May 27 2005,12:36)
The terrible part was very much intentional and my ANTARES rack unit tells me it actually is in tune (just not with the song).

Well, if it’s supposed to be intentionally bad, I guess there’s not much I can say. But they ain’t nuthin’ in tune about the line that goes “temple of your miiiiiiiiiiiiind”.

<!–QuoteBegin>
Putting 400hrs into this song for performance was not the goal.

400 hours? Heck, it’s a 5 minute song… I was thinking more along the lines of dedicating maybe 12 minutes per track.

<!–QuoteBegin>
I hope with all my heart that some of you who do listen to to my post will hear in it what is beyond electronics.

Well, I did. I commented on the performance, and I heard something that could be one thousand times better with a little work.

However, if this is really the sound you’re going for, try giving us a disclaimer the next time you ask for comments!

Here you go…I dedicated 12 minutes to this whole song.

Highway 53 Blues

I picked up my 1961 JAGUAR, started the drum machine on a random beat, and sang whatever thoughts came into my head.

Point being, NONE…It’s music. (I did try to do this one without much drama)

ENJOY

Brian Ralph Mead
Mr.123

PS: I got the girl!

That one’s a lot better, not to mention that it’s fuckin’ hilarious.

“It’s the secretary for the guy next door.”

Thank you.

Now that I’ve had time to actually listen to it and share it with some friends I think I might be onto something here.
My wife loves the part " I can’t sleep in that car again! "

Highway 53 Blues

Brian Ralph Mead
Mr.123

The song is great and suitably angry on the vocals. Good performance but personally I would make the snare sound much heavier from around 1:34 onwards, it would just lift the song again from that point. But hey, what do I know? Good stuff!

Thank you,

"But hey, what do I know?"

GOOD STUFF

I love your tag line, "If you don’t pick it, it won’t bleed"

My bloody guitar thinks that is in tune with it’s life.

Brian Ralph Mead
Mr.123

Quote (BrianMead @ June 08 2005,09:07)
I love your tag line, "If you don't pick it, it won't bleed"

:) I always found that a good philiosophy for life in general,
Cheers,
Ian

Not a huge fan of that guitar sound for “Itching to bitch”, but it works in the context with the vocals. I get Neil Young from it for some reason.