oooh...scary musicians!

Big Brother is watching you!

<!–QuoteBegin>

Activists are showing a well-organized network made up of anti-Bush sentiment; the mixing of music and political rhetoric indicates sophisticated organizing skills with a specific agenda… Police departments in above listed areas have been contacted regarding this event.

From a NYPD “R.N.C. Intelligence Squad” report, dated Oct. 9, 2003, on the organization Bands Against Bush, whihc was planning concerts on Oct. 11, 2003, in New York, Washington, Seattle, San Francisco and Boston.

Buncha proto-facists. And I’m not talking about the musicians.

Here’s a quick question for all those not here in the USA - how would people in your country generally react to a president who said that “it’d be a lot easier if it were a dicatatorship…as long as I get to be the dictator”?

:angry:

Big brother can watch all “he” wants. I ain’t got nothing to hide…

<!–QuoteBegin>

“it’d be a lot easier if it were a dictatorship…as long as I get to be the dictator”?

Come on Tom… I wrote that off the same as Kerry’s slip-up RE: “Get an education or you’ll end up in Iraq.” or whatever he said. Mountains out of Mole Hills…

These guys are learning their lessons I think. They are starting to realize that we live in the United States of the Offended.

The NYPD boys in blue were probably much more concerned about crowd control, traffic snarls, possible confrontations between groups of opposing views etc… Don’t you think? Why would the NYPD give a poop otherwise?

D

<!–QuoteBegin>

The NYPD boys in blue were probably much more concerned about crowd control, traffic snarls, possible confrontations between groups of opposing views etc… Don’t you think? Why would the NYPD give a poop otherwise?

Exactly…ummmm…So why would they care about concerts going on in “… Washington, Seattle, San Francisco and Boston” if that was indeed all they were concerned with? Happenings in NY City sure.

Well it doesn’t say they WERE. Tom’s post does not indicate that.

D :)

<!–QuoteBegin>

These guys are learning their lessons I think. They are starting to realize that we live in the United States of the Offended.

Ain’t that the truth!

You go some places in this here USA and say to a woman, ‘excuse me hon’ and all of a sudden you’re a sex fiend who is trying to oppress people. I think in future I’ll just kick their asses out the way and then say 'my deepest apologies non-sexed person. I’m just plain clumsy and no hate crime intended.'

But probably not, luckily I’m third generation Don’t Give A Shit! :D

It’s from the NY Times:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007…=slogin

Buncha proto-facists. That’s all I have to say about it.

Thanks for the link phoo. I read the article. To be fair, after 9/11, I don’t blame them a bit. I still don’t think it’s as fascist as what Tom is alluding to though. Sorry Tom. Just one guys opinion. May be a naive opinion but I give 'em the benefit of the doubt. After all, they shared their findings with a lot of other law enforcement agencies both in the US and Europe. To claim it’s a fascist “Bush thing” just doesn’t seem appropriate to me.

D - possibly naive ???

Well, if they weren’t beign told by folks in DC tgo do it, they were certainly acting in ways that are consistent with the kind of thing Bush likes.

As for what they did - you tell me that it makes any sense at all to target “bands against bush” - concert promoters! - because were organized enough to pull of a business venture that was anti-bush. It only make sense in a police state in which those in power want to clamp down on their critics. That’s proto-facism. And I don’t use the term lightly.

Hmm. Wonder if the same thing was done for the DNC? A bottle of guiness says it wasn’t D. And you are comfortable with this? No way.

<!–QuoteBegin>

“We attributed the successful policing of the convention to a host of N.Y.P.D. activities leading up to the R.N.C., including 18 months of intensive planning,” he said. “It was a great success, and despite provocations, such as demonstrators throwing faux feces in the faces of police officers, the N.Y.P.D. showed professionalism and restraint.”

Would you have preferred they did nothing and been unprepared had some disastrous thing occurred causing loss of life and property of the good citizens of New York?

<!–QuoteBegin>
Wonder if the same thing was done for the DNC?

Dunno. I’m sure the city officials took security very seriously in Boston…

LINKY…

Sounds like they did eh? Limiting transportation that practically shutdown the city? Fascist PIGS! :D

There’s no real difference between Reps and Dems. Period. A self-absorbed, ahole politician is a self-absorbed ahole politician. When they plan an a*hole convention, crap IS the most likely result. Wouldn’t you agree?

D - OK enough political posts… :p

You know, if the Boston Police Department sent out folks to spy on bands in Seattle that were anti-Kerry then I suppose it would be OK for the NY Police to do something similar. I suppose we will never know. :D

Good point phoo. They would have needed to go to Nashville or Branson… :D

D

D, you miss the point. :) It’s not that policing is bad, it’s policing the wrong people. We’d need to get the full facts, but I have a LOT of trouble believing that this wasn’t political, given that Bush’s folks have spied on some really dangerous groups like senior citizen Quakers making t-shirts, and the PBJ crowd. W. Worst president ever. W’s administration - authoritarianism in the making. Not all politicians are bad. I’m rather proud to be represented by Carl Levin.

It’s not just the USA, a couple of years ago Christy Moore was stopped and questioned by the police as he entered the UK.

The cause of the interrogation?..The lyrics of some of his songs!

The interrogation involved questions not only about his music, but about his family and friends too; the justification being the anti-terrorism act.

So, check your lyrics folks, you may be a terrorist! :(

Quote (Guest @ April 09 2007,15:39)
It's not just the USA, a couple of years ago Christy Moore was stopped and questioned by the police as he entered the UK.

The cause of the interrogation?.......The lyrics of some of his songs!

The interrogation involved questions not only about his music, but about his family and friends too; the justification being the anti-terrorism act.

So, check your lyrics folks, you may be a terrorist! :(

Eyup!

Yeah, well we just denied entry to Snoop Doggy Doo Doo soo it's not all bad :D

Steve