ParEQ causing prog crash & wav file loss

Can anyone help? PLEASE

After a year of relatively trouble free use with version 4.0, I’ve downloaded version 4.1.5 build 2033 which looks excellant but unfortunately every time I try and run n-track ParEQ it crashes the programme and sometimes although not always wipes out any wav files open at the time.

I’ve tried downloading both the upgrade and the full package - same outcome.

I’m using a 2.6GHz Celeron® 704MB RAM Compaq Presario 2504 laptop with a USB coupled EDIROL UA-25 24bit 96kHZ interface - which was fine with version 4.0.

Anyone got any ideas??

Quote (spyani @ Jan. 07 2006,10:26)
Can anyone help? PLEASE

After a year of relatively trouble free use with version 4.0, I've downloaded version 4.1.5 build 2033 which looks excellant but unfortunately every time I try and run n-track ParEQ it crashes the programme and sometimes although not always wipes out any wav files open at the time.

I've tried downloading both the upgrade and the full package - same outcome.

I'm using a 2.6GHz Celeron® 704MB RAM Compaq Presario 2504 laptop with a USB coupled EDIROL UA-25 24bit 96kHZ interface - which was fine with version 4.0.

Anyone got any ideas??

Well I have heard alot of problems with the latest versions over the years, this is an everchanging and experimental software.

There's an old saying,

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Go back to 4.0, or at least the last tested and reliable version.(somone who know will post it for you no doupt.)

Personally I've been using 2.3 for 7 years now. Haven't had too many problems, other than the occasional new soundcard setup ect. The first 3 years was a learning curve, the last 4 have been very productive! I run up to 24 tracks with effects on a 1G proccesor. So I have yet t be convinced of the need to upgrade. 24 tracks is more than enough to mix my brand of rock.
Honestly I did download another version a few years back, but it looked so different from my version I didn't want to invest the time in learning something new! :D And for what? I can already do everything I want with 2.3. Press record, and start playing! everything else is just icing on the cake IMHO.

Keep shinin'

jerm
:cool: