Picked up some goodies for my B-Day

Music and toons but no gear…

“The Cars - Complete Greatest Hits” Snatched it on a whim while browsing at BestBuy. I liked those guys back in the day… still do. I love how their songs have all these little ‘bits’ in them that stack up to make the whole. Good stuff. The Cars also proved you don’t have to be a good looking guy to score a hot chick. Ric Ocasek and Paulina Porizkova? Ocasek runs a close race with Steven Tyler on which is the UGLIEST DUDE ALIVE. Maybe $$$$ is the trick?

Also picked up Volumes 1 and 2 of the Looney Toons collection. Four DVD’s worth. Now THOSE are real cartoons. Stayed home yesterday with a sick young 'un snickering to all those great classic cartoons.

“Consequences, Schmonsequences… as long as I’m RICH!” D. Duck

D - shoulda turned left at Albuquerque…

Great stuff - D
Never appreicated the ‘Cars’ til somewhat recently.
I too have the LT’s 4 disc set.
Pepe and Foghorn do it for me. :laugh:

“That dawg is about as subtle as a hand grenade in a barrel of oatmeal…” :laugh:

The material was great. The voices? Mel Blanc was AWESOME!

D

yep - who wrote Foghorn’s stuff?

Sometimes I think it was my Gran-pappy… :laugh:

Blank

Robert McKimson created Foggy… but there were probably many hands in the script writing.

D

Good stuff D! I still have The Cars “Candy-O” cd. :agree:

Quote:

Sometimes I think it was my Gran-pappy...

Robert McKimson created Foggy... but there were probably many hands in the script writing.

D

:laugh:

Are you guys hearing that they are re-mastering the Beetles collection and redistributing the collection ?
I can’t say I’m a Fan of the Beetles but I hear this is a marketing ploy of some kind…
That might be a Birthday present…
I think…

Anyway, I want a new pickup truck to replace my old Buick…
When I started looking I discovered it’s way beyond my means…
SO…
I’m still walking…
that wouldn’t hurt me…
I think…

I have property taxes coming due… I guess I’ll just have to settle for paid-up taxes…
:p
:)

sigh…

Bill…