please help 2 issues

wheres the support

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
i sent emails to support but have got no response. i have used ntrack for many years and just bought the new ntrack 7 outright as opposed to an upgrade as i want to be able to use my old ntrack which is on a different hard drive. ok now that thats out of the way i am having 2 seperate issues. number one, when working with a track and going to the edit button, down to silence selection/put volume to zero. this function is not working. i have used this function forever on my old version and never had a problem but on the new vesion it does not work.
issue 2, the drums function when creating a pattern within the steps option of the drums like they show on the tutorial, only one beat will play and it ignores the fact that i created a whole pattern. now it will play the pattern if i drag it to the track screen. but then it plays a bass or keyboard note along with the drum pattern which i have not told it to do. can anyone at ntrack please advise how to fix these 2 problem because without these functions, i have completely wasted my money buying the new version when my older version works just fine and the only reason i bought the new one is to have the drum machine that comes with it. but it dont work please help.
thank you

Hi, I’m just following this, sorry, I don’t have the answer. But here are the two issues pulled from your other text. Maybe that will help get attention to the problems:

Silence selection/put volume to zero not working

The drums function: when creating a pattern within the steps option of the drums like they show in the tutorial, only one beat will play and it ignores the fact that i created a whole pattern. It will play the pattern if I drag it to the track screen. But then it plays a bass or keyboard note along with the drum pattern which i have not told it to do.

I think I know what is going on here - I have the same problem which I mentioned here a few weeks ago.
When adding new midi notes (drums or otherwise) to a piano roll, they will not play unless you manually drag-out the length of the track on the timeline for that track.

hi tony, thanks but thats not it, i am not using midi or adding to a piano roll i am simply trying to make a plan old drum track, exactly following ntracks drum function tutorial video step by step and it wont work. also it is definately not an issue with my computer or sound card. so i dont know. i cant believe thatt i have been a customer for all these years and they dont respond AT ALL to valid support questions. NOT the way to do business in my opinion. thanks for your thoughts and help.

Hi, figit10. As you are using the new n-Track drums, or any other vsti drum machine, you are indeed creating midi information. Pasting midi info to a track on the timeline only gives you part of the story and n-Track 7 has got a couple of issues in this area that weren’t present with v6 - I’m sure they will be sorted in future builds.
I’m sure you know how to right click on a section in the timeline and scroll to the top and select “piano roll”?

Quote: (figit10 @ Oct. 19 2012, 9:30 AM)

issue 2, the drums function when creating a pattern within the steps option of the drums like they show on the tutorial, only one beat will play and it ignores the fact that i created a whole pattern. now it will play the pattern if i drag it to the track screen. but then it plays a bass or keyboard note along with the drum pattern which i have not told it to do. can anyone at ntrack please advise how to fix these 2 problem because without these functions

yes,

when you drag the notes to a track double click that track and make sure it is set to channel 10, that will insure it will only produce drum sounds.

once you have the pattern in a track on channel 10 right click it and output it to VST>ntrack drums.

it will then play the notes through NTrack drum vst rather than Microsoft synth.

dontcare :cool:

Yup, spot on, J. But - I’ve got a feeling he’s nudged into a bug I’ve been struggling with in n-T7

Quote: (figit10 @ Oct. 19 2012, 9:30 AM)

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
i sent emails to support but have got no response. i have used ntrack for many years and just bought the new ntrack 7 outright as opposed to an upgrade as i want to be able to use my old ntrack which is on a different hard drive. ok now that thats out of the way i am having 2 seperate issues. number one, when working with a track and going to the edit button, down to silence selection/put volume to zero. this function is not working. i have used this function forever on my old version and never had a problem but on the new vesion it does not work.
issue 2, the drums function when creating a pattern within the steps option of the drums like they show on the tutorial, only one beat will play and it ignores the fact that i created a whole pattern. now it will play the pattern if i drag it to the track screen. but then it plays a bass or keyboard note along with the drum pattern which i have not told it to do. can anyone at ntrack please advise how to fix these 2 problem because without these functions, i have completely wasted my money buying the new version when my older version works just fine and the only reason i bought the new one is to have the drum machine that comes with it. but it dont work please help.
thank you

Apologies for the late reply. I was not able to reproduce the problems, or maybe I haven't fully understood what you mean.

- Does the problem with n-Track Drums happen on a specific song or
happens also when adding the instrument on a new test song?
I was able to add the drums to a test song, select a drum kit in the
upper left kit browser, select a "style" in lower left style browser,
press the Steps button to visualize the style, then press the
n-Track's Play button to hear the drums playing and see the steps
progress light moving.
If the problem happens with a specific song, what is the song tempo
and meter setting (as shown in the n-Track transport toolbar (to the
right of the play, rec. etc buttons? Please try if it makes any
difference setting to the default 4/4 120 bpm settings.

- As for the problem with the 'silence selection' command, I was able
to test it correctly. Are you using the 'Edit -> Silence selection ->
Put volume to 0' command or 'Edit -> Silence selection -> Silence
destructively' command?
Make sure that the "Allow automated volume/pan for wave tracks" option
is checked in the Settings -> Preferences -> Options box.
If you're using "Put volume to 0", after clicking on the command
please verify that the volume envelope for that track has been set to
0, by showing volume envelopes clicking on the volume button on the
upper toolbar.

|| if i drag my drum selection into the track screen it will play except then it || somehow automaticly also plays what sounds like bass or keys notes along with || the drums. the drums function is the whole reason i just paid 90 dollars for
|| the new ntrack. you can confirm my purchse a

This is likely caused by the fact that you've dragged the drum's MIDI part into an n-Track MIDI track, but didn't set the n-Track's MIDI track to output to the drums synth, so the MIDI track is instead sending events to the default MIDI output, which generates piano sounds.
Set the MIDI track output to go to n-Track Drums with the track output dropdown button in the left part of the track (or right click on the track and use the "Output to" context menu".

Flavio.

thank you flavio for getting back to me i thought i was forever forsaken. i will try you suggestions on the drum issue tonight. as for the silence selection issues. yes i am using edit/ silence sel. put volume to zero. i will also double check the vol. pan option as you suggested to make shue i have not brain farted. will get back to you tommorow with the results. thank you so much for yor attention to this matter.