powered Crate moniter died, need crossover help!

hey all, Happy New Year!

my Crate APM75 powered PA moniter died. About 6 years old, i tried everything to get it going but somethings blown. Instead of fixing the power amp side, i just want to make it a regular speaker & horn moniter.

my speaker tech here said he could do that by installing a passive crossover in it for $40. Sooo, my question is—how hard is it to install my own crossover in it? and which one do i need for this “particular” model?

Anybody familiar with this? thanks yall…jw

<!–QuoteBegin>

… i tried everything to get it going

Did that include taking it to a repair shop? Honestly, it would make way more sense to get it repaired (maybe $100 tops) and have an active monitor again, than to spend $40 to make it a so-so speaker, and you then have to add an amp.
Quote (archimedes @ Jan. 15 2006,21:29)
... i tried everything to get it going

Did that include taking it to a repair shop? Honestly, it would make way more sense to get it repaired (maybe $100 tops) and have an active monitor again, than to spend $40 to make it a so-so speaker, and you then have to add an amp.
thanks arch---

well i'll take all suggestions but mainly i didn't want this guy to go out on me down the line. i do hate hauling extra gear.....

but still, right now it's a money issue---especially if i could do it myself for a cheaper part......

i've fixed a lot of equipment over the years to get by anyway...

So what drivers has it?

How many drivers? What are the specs for each one?

Designing a passive crossover doesn’t take any brain power given the driver specs and the acoustic loading of the cabinet on the woofer. (But that’s not to say it’ll sound good :D).

So, research the details.

Quote (Gizmo @ Jan. 15 2006,23:29)
So what drivers has it?

How many drivers? What are the specs for each one?

Designing a passive crossover doesn't take any brain power given the driver specs and the acoustic loading of the cabinet on the woofer. (But that's not to say it'll sound good :D).

So, research the details.

i was out and picked up this crossover......i will have to do some studying before i install it or blow anything up........
http://www.jwweir.com/crossover1.jpg