Problem with asio driver and Zoom U-22 Interface

First off…I love n-track. I am having an issue with using the asio driver for my zoom u-22 interface. The track will play from the beginning, but when I stop the track and push play again…no sound even though the meters are active. I’ve tried this on 2 different machines with the same results. Using the same interface on Mixcraft and Cubase…no problem. Starts and stops with no playback problems.

I’ve downloaded the most recent drivers from zoom but problem remains. have also updated N-Track to most recent version.

Using Wasapi driver seems to work better…but would prefer to stick with Asio if possible.

Any thoughts for a fix or n-track update to address this issue?
Thanks,
jingleman

Hello jingleman,

does the problem occur playing a particular file?
Does the recording work? If yes, does the problem occur also trying to playback a just recorded part?

Which sample frequency are you using? Which number of bits? (Settings->Soudcard’s settings->Playback format)

Cheers,
Andrea

I also have this problem using the U-24. I’m using the Zoom Asio Drivers. When I select them in Settings, the track plays. If I stop and start again there’s no sound until I select the drivers again, then it works once. It happens every time with any sample frequency. It’s frustrating because I have to select the drivers every time I want to record or play back a track.

Hi Andrea, Any suggestions regarding this issue? I’m happy to send any log files, screenshots etc. if that helps.

jingleman - did you have any luck in resolving it?

Thanks,

Trevor

Hi Trevor,
does the problem occur even using different audio drivers (e.g. Wasapi, Asio4All, MME, that you can set going to Settings->Audio devices).
If it doesn’t, the problem could depend on the device Asio drivers. Please try to download and install the latest version from

https://zoomcorp.com/en/jp/audio-interface/audio-interfaces/u-24/u-24-support/

and check if the problem persists.

Andrea