"Nebula-53" - my first whack at n-track

Here’s a tune that will clear your sinuses. Pretty simple and stripped down but brutal enough to poke you in the ear. I’m using a variety of Voxengo audio fx along with a Toontrack drum vsti. The guitars and bass were recorded direct by yours truly. I’m playing a Jackson Soloist SL2H through a Mesa Triaxis. This is just a stab at seeing what was possible. Sounded pretty good to me. I plan to do something a bit longer and more melodic using OmniSphere Vsti which is a freegin awesome synth if you haven’t heard it yet. I hate mp3’s cause they squash all of the goodies out of a tune so I up’d the wav to a buddy’s share site. Snag it here if you wish.

http://www.4shared.com/file/126949750/35d4dc56/Nebula-53.html

24.7 meg wav? hmm…

Sounds good! not what I would normally listen to but it is solid.

One thing I noticed on your drum parts - might help to delete a few hat hits or change them to pedal parts to get a bit more realistic as to how a real drummer would play. A Hat going through a double or triple snare hit or fill just has an odd feel to it for me anyway. That is unless you’re going for an overdubbed hat deal…

Guitars sound great - bass is heavy but appropriate.

A 320 mp3 would have probably held up.

Dang, that’s really good, HJ. I agree with Poppa about the hats over the snare hits.

OK, you alright, pretty rippin track,
open tuning? Open D?
Let me guess, the preset on Voxengo Boogex called Marty?

Yes, I for one appreciate excessive bass.

Pretty good one, liked it

Ah, ah ah chooo!
No, my sinuses are still plugged,

Have to admit, as a guy who listens to a lot of metal, that sounds pretty good. I’d agree over the drums, but it’s not too distracting. People like Casey Grillo and Mike Terrana can play some pretty amazing stuff live. Guitars are great, maybe tweak the hats a little, but overall, good job. :agree:

Hi Hugh Jass:

The technical aspect of your file is great…
The mix sounds exactly like/how I would want your style of music to sound like… I like the no effects sound of the percussion and where the drum tracks are sitting in the mix, you created… that is, if that’s the direction you were headed with the project…
I’m surprised that you are able to get the cymbals of the drum tracks to sit in the mix like they do, considering the requirement of the bottom end of your style of music… The spectrum shift/requirement of your music is something approaching a ratio of 3:1 if not more from 200 hz. down… or more, …
if it can be attained without sacrificing the Hi-end…

Hugh Jass…
Good Job…

:agree:
:laugh:

Bill…

p.s.
[Quote]
Ah, ah ah chooo!
No, my sinuses are still plugged,

I like that, nixon1972
Sorry, Hugh Jass,
but nixon1972 is being smart… I think…
:)

OoHh…
I almost forgot…

n-Track can take it…
Got anymore
????

Good stuff! Work on the hats in the mix.

Yeah I was kidding,
Seriously, good track, good guitars :agree:

Thx for the feedback, everyone. Yeah, I’m no drummer that’s for sure. I’ll take your advice on the hi-hats and stuff. Nixon - no, I didn’t use Boogex or any other amp sim plugins / impulses. The guitars were direct from a Mesa Triaxis preamp and a G-Major in the Fx loop. The Triaxis is one of the most versatile preamps around next to my Bogner Fish. For the guy that still has clogged sinuses…NyQuil, baby, NyQuil. :laugh:

Sorry Huge, after just reinstalling my OS I’m not real thrilled at the idea of downloading.
But if you have a link to a stream I’d like to check out your work.
Even if you are an antagonist, your still a musician so you can’t be all wrong. :laugh: Plus you seem to like Ange, that helps ya a little big guy.

“Little Big Guy” - wasn’t that a movie?

Quote: (TomS @ Aug. 25 2009, 10:20 AM)

"Little Big Guy" - wasn't that a movie?

No doubt you're thinking of "Little Big Man" with Dustin Hoffman. Then again, maybe not. :whistle:

Yep. Great movie.

Quote: (Levi @ Aug. 24 2009, 9:31 PM)

Sorry Huge, after just reinstalling my OS I'm not real thrilled at the idea of downloading.
But if you have a link to a stream I'd like to check out your work.
Even if you are an antagonist, your still a musician so you can't be all wrong. :laugh: Plus you seem to like Ange, that helps ya a little big guy.

L'il 'ol ME? An atangonist? Bahhhhh...I just like to shake things up a bit. Keeps things fresh. I'll toss up a few more tunes I'm working on soon. I don't really have a link to an mp3 site or anything like that. Of course, you can always go by our cd's if you want the real deal. Then again, all of the wormy little cretin thiefs out there who rip our stuff and post it on Limewire have made it easy for anyone to snag it.
Quote: (Hugh Jass @ Aug. 25 2009, 6:06 PM)

Then again, all of the wormy little cretin thiefs out there who rip our stuff and post it on Limewire have made it easy for anyone to snag it.

:laugh: LBG I agree, some of the conservatives need freshnin
It's kind of sad pitchin music to another musician isn't it! ???

You know the story about the cretin thief's sounds intrestin. Enlighten us.
Quote: (TomS @ Aug. 25 2009, 10:20 AM)

"Little Big Guy" - wasn't that a movie?

:laugh:

There are a couple of ways to make sure your music isn’t stolen off the webber-net.

1. Make it suck so no one wants it.
2. Don’t post it ANYWHERE on the webber-net. At least do not post full songs ANYWHERE. Remember also, if it can be streamed, it can be recorded.

D

PS Most succeed with Method 1. :laugh:

Dio, your wisdom is like the grace of God…