Rate my Site

Back in the late '70’s and early '80’s my kids were BIG Hall-and-Oats fans… I gotta say, there were some stellar tracks on most of their songs… When I stopped bar room playing I’d listen to some of their songs… I don’t remember the titles but I believe that was one of them… However, there was a few of their songs that I couldn’t get outta my head… I wasn’t able to press my musical tastes onto them, but some of the stuff they liked stuck to me… When I played my stuff, all they did was lower their heads and shake them… :O ???

Bill…

Jerm, I’m using internet explorer, when I move my cursor over each link, the text becomes bold and causes the links either side to move.

I just remember that I had the same problem once, and putting the links into a single lined table sorted the problem out.

Thanks, jow

I can edit the HTML to take out the movement, that is actually an effect that my.space.com wrote into there template.
In Firefox the links just get smaller and bigger as the effect, but again things in Explorer look alot different. Pictures are not where they sould be, feilds are not lined up, I still dont’ know how to program the HTML to look the same in every browser.

PEace be multiplied in the house of Jow,
Hey hows…“Flames” comin’ did ya ever do anything with that song?

jerm :cool:

<!–QuoteBegin>

I have been trying to figure out why it looks different in Explorer than in Firefox.

This is always a bit of a problem. It’s the way diffferent browsers interpret HTML. And some browsers (eg IE) have little extensions to stuff that works great in IE but not in others. If you really want to use these features you can use browser specific code within your page.

And then you get different versions of browsers (yes not everyone is using IE6).

You’re heading in the right direction by picking up on these things. Checkout the integrity of your HTML by looking at sites like http://www.w3schools.com/, and using some of the code integrity checkers that are around.

It’s easier if you stick with simple code and try not to get too clever, but at the end of the day you just have to try your pages in as many different browsers and resolutions as you can manage.

Mark

Mark, thanks for that link.

What an awesome site !

W.
:)

<!–QuoteBegin>

Mark, thanks for that link.

You’re welcome