Reached A Crossroads

With my Lexicon Hardware…

Hi n-Trackers:

I have reached a crossroads with the Lexicon CORE 32 Audio Hardware I use…I order to use it with n-Track I need to Get out of '98SE as the Operating System that I used up until now…
No drivers are written beyond Windows 2000…
Flavio has ceased supporting '98SE…

I’m looking for any advise you may offer me to make this transition as easy as possible…

It appears that Magic Rabbit uses Windows 2000 with his setup with little-or-no issues…
He may be the only Win 2000/n-Track user around these parts…

I have a choice of machines that I can use for this setup…
They are both Intel Based machines…
One is a P-111 800mhz and the other is an Intel P-4 1.7 mhz machine…

More details to follow…

Bill…

Not much doubt about which machine you should go with there big Bill. Unless there is something special about the other. :laugh:

Bill - ive looked into the Lexicon problem - Lexicon say 98se is the only build it will work on - Microso$t change the way Windows worked when it introduced Win ME -
from then on DOSS (which the Lexicon uses) was crippled -

in Win 98e DOSS WAS THE OPERATING SYSTEM Windoes sat on top of DOSS - in ME things changed, DOSS was (and still is) in Windows but it cannot be called by other programs as it used to be - Microsoft DOSS is now in a SHELL - only certain apps can enter the shell to access DOSS - the Lexicon drivers are not one of them -

beat to fully check before going to Win 2k - its a DOG when it comes to networking -
XP is easier to set up - WIN 2k is NT 7 (the network OS) with a front end bolter on to it and you need to know about the NT OS before jumping onto Win 2k -

M.R.

I hear you…

This hardware is already installed on the P-4
that is setup as a dual boot machine…
I think it should be loaded as a win20000 machine only…
except that there may be some alternatives to that idea…
that may be to the Studio’s favour…
I hate to give the XP Home the boot from this P-4…
in case I loose the privilege of the XP Operating system install… I have to begin to address this detail as the studio gets to completion…
This is as the New Year looms…

Bill…

Hi Magic Rabbit:

I hear you…
as well…
I stand corrected…
I’m not sure…
I should look at the hand written manual I have on this stuff…
and do a little homework…
I have a three-ring binder with a bail of paper in it…
I never did reach the end of it…

Bill…

[EDIT]
Sorry… I’m having issues adding to my reply… My browser is locking up… Later…

Back Again:
I wanted to add to that reply…

It would be so nice if I could discover someone who could write/rewrite the present drivers so they could be used with XP or Vista… and as well run the hardware with WDM Drivers… The hardware is world class… All they need to do is run in the present Operating Systems…

Bill…