Recipe needed

Anyone have a good bleu cheese sauce and lemon/garlic potatoes recipe?

I’m not even sure that kind of food is legal in this neck of the woods.

Easy now. :laugh:

Bleu cheese sauce on possum innards! Yummmm E!

That stuff would go down pretty good with Lunenburg Pudding and some home made Brown Bread with real butter… There’d be enough colestrol in there to make you stand up like a scarecrow…

I can taste it now…
What a way to go…
:laugh:
:p
I mean…
if your gonna go you may as well get in the box and have someone nail’r shut while your puttin it away…

This morning was the first day this week I had a respectable Blood/Sugar level all week…
I don’t know what I ate…
BUT…
it must’a been good… The only way I have a good B/S level is to eat something I don’t like… :disagree:

Bill…

i might, since i had made it two nights ago.
the sauce can go on the potatoes and the seared pork chops.

Well? Fill me in!

Now that sounds tasty on roadkill! :laugh:

How many rednecks does it take to eat roadkill?

One redneck to eat it and the other two to watch fer cars! :laugh:

next weeks blockbuster - revenge of the roadkill - vampire roadkill take a chainsaw in to the hills and slaughter country band “bleu cheese and the saucy potatoes” and then take on all backwoods musicians - (more gore than you can shake a stick at) then the world is saved by a big man playing a garlic smeared guitar - although the vampire roadkill where immune to garlic his playing was so bad they thrust steaks through thier own hearts rather that listen to it-

so bad a joke i wont sign this -

:laugh: Vampire roadkill.
:agree:
Quote:

next weeks blockbuster - revenge of the roadkill - vampire roadkill take a chainsaw in to the hills and slaughter country band "bleu cheese and the saucy potatoes" and then take on all backwoods musicians - (more gore than you can shake a stick at) then the world is saved by a big man playing a garlic smeared guitar - although the vampire roadkill where immune to garlic his playing was so bad they thrust steaks through thier own hearts rather that listen to it-

so bad a joke i wont sign this -

Still, it sounds like it'd be a better movie than Last House on the Left.

If ya thought last house on the left was bad wait til ya see

" LAST TRAILER PARK TRASH ON THE RIGHT" :laugh:

Take a gallon of sweet milk, crack the lid and sit it the sun for two weeks until the contents are almost completely green and solidified.

Cut two pounds sharp cheddar cheese into one inch cubes.

Gently melt cheddar cheese in pot.

Mix in contents of milk jug. *CAUTION: WEAR GAS MASK or SCOTT AIR-PAK!

Stir thoroughly.

Toss contents of pot onto weedy fence lines and other places you do not want grass or any other life forms to flourish.

Open strawberry wine and forget Bleu Cheese dressing.

There. DONE!

D

lemon garlic potatoes:
- make mashed potatoes
- for every 3 people’s servings, squeeze the juice of half a lemon in the mash (if that makes sense).
- add garlic (powder, fresh or roasted) until the next trailer over starts complaining.
- add lots o’ butter
- add salt/pepper to taste
- mix
- eat

bleu cheese sauce:
- melt over low heat 1 tablespoon butter, combine with 1 tablespoon flour
- once combined, add 1 to 1 1/2 cups cream
- heat to boil
- once boiling, immediately reduce heat down to low
- add white wine, lemon zest, salt, pepper and garlic to taste
- slowly melt in 10 oz. bleu/gorgonzola/roquefort/stilton cheese
- thin with milk or cream if necessary
- pour over potatoes, steak, pork, chicken, whatever. Eat.

you hillbilly thing you… :laugh:

I’ve never tried a cheese sauce other than nachos. I do love to cook though, and if it turned out bad It would be nice to have someone handy to blame!

I’m thinkin’ a little cream, milk at least - chunks of blue cheese - maybe a little corn startch for stability and shine? - Pepper. mmm maybe a pinch of garlic powder?

Ahh - I see you beat me to it Jason - Thanks!

That sounds better than the Banquet Chicken Fried Beef Steak Meals I have stockpiled in the freezer.

Quote: (kevinmyers @ Mar. 06 2009, 1:48 PM)

That sounds better than the Banquet Chicken Fried Beef Steak Meals I have stockpiled in the freezer.

LOL!

My son asked one time...

SON: "Dad? What IS 'Salisbury Steak' anyway?"

ME: *blank look*

"Well son... that's a question for the ages. Kind of like 'What is the meaning of life'?"

Heh-heh-heh...

D

wife and kids (even the 6-year-old) love that bleu cheese sauce on oven-roasted potatoes. I love it on roasted chicken breasts that have been wrapped in bacon and maybe stuffed with a little cream cheese.

Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Mar. 06 2009, 2:24 PM)

I love it on roasted chicken breasts that have been wrapped in bacon and maybe stuffed with a little cream cheese.

A.K.A. "Heart attack on a platter!" :laugh:

Sounds good to me though. Cain't everybody die in a car wreck...

D - redneck cholesterol fiend...

PS Maybe if after a meal like that, you ate a whole tin of Quaker oats, you'd be fine?
Quote:

PS Maybe if after a meal like that, you ate a whole tin of Quaker oats, you'd be fine?

i prefer a dr. pepper or some oreos.

how i'm only 175 lbs. at 6'2" is beyond me, 'cuz i eat like that every chance i get.