Registration issues!!!

registration

What gives. i’m upgrading from 3.3, i left it installed, installed new version, registered with newly, purchased codes, it shows that i’m registered (at least that’s what “Help | About” says, but my program is still in “Evaluation” mode…

What gives???

I would say unsinstall the previous version first, although to tell you the truth, I’ve been using 2.3 for 5 years now, without any problems…tee hee.
Hang in there, someone will know more and chime in eventually.

:p

Quote (jeremysdemo @ Dec. 01 2004,22:22)
I would say unsinstall the previous version first, although to tell you the truth, I've been using 2.3 for 5 years now, without any problems..tee hee.

thnx... I got an E-mail from Flav and I think I set my 16bit program to 24 bit. I will switch it when I get home and the problem should be no more

:cool:
Quote (gb44 @ Dec. 02 2004,10:59)
Quote (jeremysdemo @ Dec. 01 2004,22:22)
I would say unsinstall the previous version first, although to tell you the truth, I've been using 2.3 for 5 years now, without any problems..tee hee.

thnx... I got an E-mail from Flav and I think I set my 16bit program to 24 bit. I will switch it when I get home and the problem should be no more

:cool:

Just the problem I have run into after finally biting the bullet and upgrading to 4.03.

I purchased the upgrade from v3.* to v4.0 and registered that before reverting back to v3.3. I am now the proud owner of an EMU 0404 which processes at 24 bit, hence the upgrade, plus of course, the version enhancements and fixes.

I'm sort of half registered, just like the beginning of this thread suggests. Can anyone tell me what you mean by setting the 16 bit version to 24 bit? Or is this just a red herring?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Smiffy,

I have the EMU 1820M. When I first got the card, my license for n-Track was 16 bit only and the program would not allow me to choose “Force 16 bit” in the playback options. I think this may the fault of the EMU’s drivers?? Anyway, I wanted to upgrade to 24 bit to take advantage of the better dynamic range offered by the EMU at 24 bit depth. Everything has been good since the upgrade.

TG

Just a note to say that I also am experiencing this issue with v4.0.3.1746.

I installed and registered the 24bit version and the program said it was registered, but it is still operating in eval mode putting the annoying noises in the mixdowns, etc.

Tonight when I get home from work I’ll try uninstalling/reinstalling, but I don’t really see why that should make a difference…

Seeing as this is an issue that seems to have just crept up, this may be something that should be looked at ASAP…

Seems a bit odd, although have I got the right information…

Is v4.* a 24-bit supporting app?

The problem I have with the EMU 0404 is that there just isn’t enough WDM in/outs available for me to get full stereo in and out. There are loads of ASIO i/o

Must admit, I thought things were going to be more simple than this. But, there is a mention of this very issue on the trouble shooting page. Still seems odd to me though to have to revert to WDM instead of the much supported and raved about ASIO

The basic $49 registration is for 16 bit functionality. The 24 bit license is $75.

The driver model and bit depth are not related at all. WDM or ASIO will do 16 or 24 bit audio. The problem I made mention of earlier is the fact that my EMU card would not allow me to force 16 bit mode in n-Track. The card insisted on “reporting” to n-Track that it was a 24 bit card. Thus, to use n-Track, I HAD to upgrade to the 24 bit license. Again, I did not blame n-Track for this problem as I believe it is the way EMU has written their drivers.

Right now, EMU’s WDM drivers are stereo ONLY. They claim to be working on multi-channel WDM drivers. ASIO works great for me though. What specific problems are you having? I will help if I can…

TG

I was reading the point you make as you were typing a response. For me, and extra 15 quid gets me the 24-bit version.

I think ASIO would be better for me too. I have been working with this for a while now with no problems until I installed the EMU.

I read on the N support pages that N has no control over what ASIO wants to do. Therefore if the EMU ASIO drivers want to operate at 24-bit then N has to oblige. Hence my problem

I’m downloading the eval 24-bit version now. Isn’t this the same as the other builds though and the registration key determines whether you are a 24-bit or 16-bit?

Quote (Smiffy @ Jan. 07 2005,15:01)
I'm downloading the eval 24-bit version now. Isn't this the same as the other builds though and the registration key determines whether you are a 24-bit or 16-bit?

Exactly. Sounds like you got 'er in your sights!

I am really enjoying my EMU 1820M. It's a great sounding product. Very few niggles at all once I upped to 24 bit n-Track.

Good luck!

TG

Paid me’ money, got the new codes from Flav, entered the codes, selected ASIO drivers and…

Yippee :)

Thanks for your help