Removing empty space

17 seconds of space at start

Hi,

I have a project going with many tracks however at the start I have 17 seconds of space before my song starts. I was wondering if anybody nows how to remove this space in which there are no takes so my song can start up right away.

I’ve tried selecting all the tracks but I have multiple takes on some takes so I’m unable to select them all and move the works.

Any suggestions?

PACO

Hi, Paco.
I don’t remember being in a position like this or whether there was an issue with selecting multi-take tracks.
What if you did sub mixes of the tracks that are made up of several takes and then trim the start or wait untill it’s finished and then trim the master?

Quote: (Paco572 @ Nov. 19 2010, 4:12 PM)

Hi,

I have a project going with many tracks however at the start I have 17 seconds of space before my song starts. I was wondering if anybody nows how to remove this space in which there are no takes so my song can start up right away.

I've tried selecting all the tracks but I have multiple takes on some takes so I'm unable to select them all and move the works.

Any suggestions?

PACO

Midi or wav files?

IN midi, if you set the cursor at 17 sec and save the song as Midi_0 it will eliminate the space [and any notes] at the beginning and have the track start at 17 sec (or wherever the cursor was).

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

surely you will render it down paco & then you can start the render from where you want the song to start?

Tina

Nice one, Jeremy, that’ll come in handy.

If it’s both midi and wav - s’pose, midi trim first, then re-imp’ the timmed wavs at 17?

No! I’ve gone blank! Sorry. Throw a bucket o’ water over me, wouldya.

How about Edit > Select All and then click on the X and move the files to the left.
Should work.
Bax

Quote: (bax3 @ Nov. 19 2010, 6:15 PM)

How about Edit > Select All and then click on the X and move the files to the left.
Should work.
Bax

Under the "edit" option on the top, I don't have a "select all". I'm dealing with Wave files.

PACO
Quote: (TonyR @ Nov. 19 2010, 4:26 PM)

Hi, Paco.
I don't remember being in a position like this or whether there was an issue with selecting multi-take tracks.
What if you did sub mixes of the tracks that are made up of several takes and then trim the start or wait untill it's finished and then trim the master?

Yes I suppose I can when I master it. But it's a pain waiting for the time line or having to click up to start.

PACO

Well I just figured it out. When dealing with multiple takes your ARE UNABLE to select/highlight all tracks/takes using the shift key. To make this work you must first select the track with multiple takes and select the option “takes” followed by “Consolidation of multiple takes” option. This removes the name tag “Take 1” and coverts the file to a wave file name like any normal track file name. You can then use the shift key to highlight all the tracks and move them because the “Takes” name tag has been removed. The space of 17 seconds is now gone and all my tracks start where I want them.

PACO

yeah, what he ^^^ said. :agree:

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Moved to tips and tricks.

PACO