Reporting problem logs without internet connection

Is there a way?

I have a crashing problem, just wondering is there a way to send somekind of log to see what is wrong?

My N-track sometimes even suggest it, but the problem is my recording laptop isn’t connected to internet.

Hi varakeef:

I believe if n-Track fails/closes a .DMP file is created It(n-Track) doesn’t need to be connected to the Internet, to create this file…
The path to where this file is in c/users/Default/ AND it should be ntuser.dat.LOGxxxxx

or something like that…
There should be a date associated with the created file…

Now… I stand corrected on the path…
Check to see if there is a file to that path…

Maybe, someone can check to see if that path is correct… ????

Bill…

Hi Varakeef. If, like Bill says, you find the log, maybe you could copy it to stick drive and send it from another pc.

Thanks, I try to find it.

Nope, there isn’t such a folder and after doing a search I didn’t find any .dmp files that would look like they’d have anything to do with N-track. They were all in a folder called minidump (something sort of)

Hmm… or is the folder called “All Users” under “documents and settings”?

Hi varakeef:

It appears that we may have some similar type of issue(s)…
Are you using the latest build(s) of n-Track ????
My machine is an On-Line setup…
so the .dmp files that is crested is sent to the Support Address automatically…
Give me some time today…
I’ll look to see if I can find the .dmp file(s)… on this machine…
I know it’s somewhere on the C-Drive of this machine…
We’ll check here, on this end…

Bill…

I’m not sure if I’m on the very latest version, but it’s not ages old either. I guess it’s at least 2642 from 15th Oct, but it may be a bit later build. But it did have sporadic close downs earlier too, so I’m wondering what’s the cause).

(This is a pain since recording PC is at the studio and I moan about it either in office or at home)

Hi varakeef:

I got back…
I have some print screens to post…
Then I’ll look and maybe, post some links to .dmp logs that I have here…
Maybe-they’ll be the ones that I created this morning…
I’ll know from the created date that’s on the log files…

Bill…

[edit] I remember, I tried to open one… however, I am unable to find an application that opens them… Flavio has maybe, created an application as not to have them played with by users… ????

It’s 9:30 am here… I’ll get back here and see what I can find on my C Drive, varakeef…

I gotta run off and pay some accounts… SORRY…

Later…

Bill…

Hi Varakeef. Can I ask, do your problems arise when working with midi?

Hi Again varakeef and Users:

Back again…
I found what I think to be the log file that can be sent to Flavio when n-Track closes…

On this machine the path is:

Computer > Local Disk © > Users > (in this machine’s case) woxnerw > and the files that I created this morning is called
ntuser.dat.LOG1
It is dated 12/15/2010 10:27 AM LOG1 256KB

I’m gonna post this file on a storage site and provide a link to it and if Flavio wants to he can download it from that site…
Here goes…

I’m unable to upload the file to the 4 Shared Storage site… It says the file is in use by another application…
I am gonna close everything down and see if I can upload the file and then create a link that way…
Later…

Bill…

That is a Windows system file Bill. NOT an n-Track specific file. The reason you can’t manipulate is it is system file in use and locked by the OS.

I don’t know what n-Track’s log or crash dump is called but that one is for sure NOT it. :)

UJ

O.K.
Thanks…
I re-booted and tried to upload the file to 4-Shared storage site again…
NO-GO…
It says the file is in use by another program…
BUT I don’t have anything else opened…
????

Anyway I took a print screen of the Screen image and I can upload the print screen…
I know I’ve got some .dmp files somewhere… I’ll hunt around to see just where they are…

Anyway, this file was created this morning…
by some application…
????

I am unable to config n-Track the way I normally use n-Track…
????

The O/P system has sent several files off to Flavio…
And I hasve a few that I know is created that I just closed before they got sent off to Flavio…
Maybe,…
Just Maybe…
Can I do a search for a .DMP file ????

to see what comes up
??
How do I do that with VISTA ?

All I want to do is config. n-Track so I can use it qwithoput native effects running…
I am able to do that in b2665…

but not later builds…

varakeef has an issue maybe, related
Who knows ????

If they ain’t then that appears to be an issue that needs attention, as well…

Maybe, it’s got something TO-DO with my setup…
I’d like to know… I just don’t know enough about computers to be able to track it down and fix it…

Anyway…
Working away at this rock pile…

Bill…

:agree: :) :p :laugh:

Found them.. I think

Computer > local Disk © > Users > *woxnerw* > AppData > Local > CrashDumps

I will see if I can upload this file.. It was created today..

ntrack.exe.6048.dmp 12/15/2010 7:40AM DMP File 8,193KB

Link to .DMP File..

I hope it's O.K. To do this Flavio.. sigh.. I'd like to see if this can be fixed..

Bill..
Quote: (woxnerw @ Dec. 15 2010, 8:47 AM)

It says the file is in use by another program..
BUT I don't have anything else opened..
????

That's because it is an OPERATING SYSTEM file. It is "IN USE" any time Windows is booted up and running.

This machine I'm on for example has SIX versions of 'ntuser.dat.LOG' on it dating back to March 2006. The one actually "in use" is the one in the logged on user documents and settings directory. The file is internal for the OS to log system errors and information related to the operating system, not program specific errors such as an n-Track crash.

I can't look for THAT specific file because I don't have n-Track installed.

Keep beating on the rock pile but ignore THAT file. It shouldn't have any specifically useful information Flavio could use to troubleshoot n-Track crashes UNLESS n-Track is bringing down a piece of the OS itself when it bombs.

UJ

PS By the way... 'ntuser.dat' dates all the way back to Windows NT. Thus the file name. "nt" does not stand for "n-Track" in this case.

Ok, so this is unuseful to even think about 'em files?

My problems are not midi related since I have those in songs that doesn’t have any midi stuff in it.

Dunno, slightly frustrating however.

(I’m on build 2652, after the song comments delete deletes files issue)

Quote: (varakeef @ Dec. 15 2010, 10:48 AM)

Ok, so this is unuseful to even think about 'em files?

My problems are not midi related since I have those in songs that doesn't have any midi stuff in it.

Dunno, slightly frustrating however.

(I'm on build 2652, after the song comments delete deletes files issue)

I hear you Varakeef. I too have tracks with midi that don't have problems. But I am certain that the few tracks that I have had problems with have all been down to a midi event. I haven't quite nailed it yet but it has happened to around eight tracks over two years so it's not build version related.