RIP Robert Moog.

Aged 71.

I guess Robert Moog, the inventor of the worlds first synthesizers died last night at age 71 from an inoperable brain tumor.

Bummer, great mind, brilliant inventor.

I actually owned a Moog for a while - found it at a junk music store in Manchester NH, cool sounds, couldn’t ever get the same sound twice. But fun to play with.

.-=gp=-.

That’s quite a loss to the music industry… Too Bad… It’s a shame they can’t come up with a cure to these Cancers… ??? :O

I was just a kid when I first heard of his name… Am I that old?

Bill…

It’s sad to see inventors and innovators of Bob Moog’s ilk dying out. Who will replace them? :(

RIP Mr. Moog

TG

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9040977/

It’s a sad day in the music world.

You are not that old, bill, he was too young.

No one will replace him. but seems to me the tech end of the music industry is moving along quite nicely, with folks like Mr. Antonioli making such incredible products.

I often Wondered what chemical imbalance causes minds like these guys to develope in such ways that they can see the assembley of electronic components the way they do … to make some of this stuff… Now, Leo Fender wasn’t original in his amp designs, but he had an ability to assemble electronic components that were not “Matched” by any means and end up with amplifier models that cannot be duplicated today, even by the closest of tolerance values… of compoents…

There are other guys that fall into this Hall-of-Fame List… But Who’s gonna replace these guys, on the list, when they’re all gone?

And why isn’t there a cure for cancer?

:O ???

Bill…

Why no cure for cancer? Because republicans have controlled medical research agenda here in the states for most of my life. I blame Bush.

Quote (TomS @ Aug. 23 2005,07:58)
Why no cure for cancer? Because republicans have controlled medical research agenda here in the states for most of my life. I blame Bush.

Hi Tom:
Here, in these parts, we get people knocking on our doors asking the Home Owners to Donate to Say… The cure-for-Cancer Fund, the Kydney Foundation, the Liver research and the list goes on-and-on… … People do donate… Cause they have relatives that passed on with some medical condition that “Took” them…

Any yet. with the Research knowledge that’s available to the people in the world today… I wonder where all this money goes? Research hesn’t founf the cures that I think it should for say… Heart Failure or Lung Diseases… So… Where is all this donated money really going?

Bill…

[EDIT] P.S.

I used to get into Daddy’s Junky Music in Lower State NH. Nashua… and, I think there was one in Dedham MA. That I would lurk around… Every now-and-then I would find a deal…

<!–QuoteBegin>

I saw Bob Moog at a music exhibition in London, must have been 1969 or thereabouts, demonstrating a monster modular synth in a small side room that held maybe 10 people. He was a calm and very knowledgable presenter, answering questions in a friendly way. It was the same Moog synth used by Walter Carlos (now Wendy Carlos see here ) for the incredible 1968 “Switched On Bach” album, which really turned me on to baroque music. There was a controversy at the time because many musos were afraid that the synthesiser would replace real instruments. We need dedicated, visionary pioneers like him, and it seems to me they’re getting more rare. Sad to hear of his death.
T.

Tis sad to lose any pioneer, be it inventor or such as a Hendrix.

Bill, we’re not getting older, just better like a fine wine! :D

Heh. I like your attitude Yaz Ol’ bean! My wine glass is not hlaf empty or half full… it runneth OVER! Crap! On the wifey’s new carpet too! D#$n it all! :D :D

TG

I’ll settle for that Yaz…

In my years, I seem to be maturing faster in my bones then… in my Gray Matter… I’m a little more deliberate in my movments to get from one-place-to-another… Not wanting to waste any more energy than I have to…

Who knows the ONE about the Young Bull and the OLD Bull looking over the lower field of cows?? Well, that’s me… and ME… when I was 22… :O :p

I’ll leave you with something to “Ponder”… and… What’s better… in it’s resolve??

Going … and leaving your friends to endure the Spoils?

Or Haveing your friends go and leaving you to endure the Spoils??

Believe me… These thoughts begin to surface as you grow older…

Bill…

Aye laddie, thoughts like that do surface as the years pass. Our own mortality faces us stronger each and every day. So I say this when the worlds problems come pounding down on me, "If it ain’t life threatening, it don’t matter"

Live each day as if it was your last! :D

an old Irish saying

"May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live"
This I wish for everyone!

Hmmm… Old TG saying…

“Life’s too short to dance with UGLY women!” :p

TG

Heck, I am just happy to have wine. :)

I’ll dance with ugly women, heck, I have to ya see, when I was young I was so ugly the family had to tie a pork chop around me neck to get the dog to play with me.

Besides, after 3 bottles of wine, everyone starts looking good! :D

OK OK…you asked for it…http://odd.phootoons.com/beer.html

Quote (phoo @ Aug. 25 2005,11:51)
OK OK...you asked for it....http://odd.phootoons.com/beer.html

AWESOME!! ROFL!!!

TG -- :D :D

<!–QuoteBegin>

I’ll dance with ugly women, heck, I have to ya see, when I was young I was so ugly the family had to tie a pork chop around me neck to get the dog to play with me.

Besides, after 3 bottles of wine, everyone starts looking good!

My parents used to have to smear me in apple sauce before even the pork chop would come within 3 feet of me. :(