rockin love song

we loved husker du

This is from the batch where we recorded drums at a studio here in Houston, the rest was at home with ntrack, (how do the drums sound?) Except for some reverb and a little compression on the vox the mix was real simple. Advice and suggestions appreciated as always, curious what you would think…

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7549729

You’re sounding good there Kev… nicely written little tune and it mixed well didn’t it!

Nice spontaneous sound to this Kev. Don’t know if it’s was I’m listening on but the rythmn guitar is killing the drums a little. Like the way you captured the sound and a nice piece of uncomplicated writing(sometimes the best)
Good stuff! :agree:

Great Rocking song :agree:

Ange x

There’s a strangeness about this song…something weird…an “eerieness” which actually adds to it and makes it what it is…if that makes sense :)

Well done there Nix :agree:

Man, I loved Husker Du too - they rocked - this really gets it right.

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

This is my new favorite song.

Rockin tune there Nix. :agree:

Guitar is overbearing a little on the drums, bass and vocals.

BIG THANKS guys, Yaz and Bruffie, that’s the kind of advice I needed, seeing how guitar is my favorite, you can tell how it keeps creeping up in the mix, problem with SoundClick is that I had big problems updating my remixes last time with that song, Girl in the Woman, it deleted the song and wouldnt let me put up the latest mix. I’ll remix and try again this weekend.

Craig, I know what you’re saying, might be the shifts between major and minor, might be the words about times gone by, glad you picked up on that.

Tom! I can hear some hints of Husker Du in your stuff! ! They had some great tunes, :)

thnx Ange and Poppa too,
Yep, Im thinking simpler mixes are best,

Quote: (nixon1972 @ Apr. 28 2009, 7:32 PM)

BIG THANKS guys, Yaz and Bruffie, that's the kind of advice I needed, seeing how guitar is my favorite, you can tell how it keeps creeping up in the mix,

You got the Deep Purple "Everything louder than everything else" syndrome :) :)
Great song Kev!

The vocals and guitars nail what I think of as the Alt Rock sound. Guitar kinds walks on the drums in the chorus, before you change the volume level you might try just movin/paning the rhythm guitar a little to the left.

That is you singing right? I really like your vocal styling.

Quote: (duffman @ Apr. 29 2009, 4:20 AM)

Guitar kinds walks on the drums in the chorus, before you change the volume level you might try just movin/paning the rhythm guitar a little to the left.

Disregard the quoted portion above from my post above. Listening in phones I get alot of guitar but, pumping through monitors it sounds REALLY GOOD!

I hope you are playing these orignals "out, live" somewhere and not just in a studio. There is an energy and urgency to this song that needs to be presented to a LIVE audience.

Thing is, that Husker Du sound has the guitar way up over the drums.

Quote: (TomS @ Apr. 29 2009, 1:48 PM)

And some of us grew up listening to that all day long.... :whistle:

Thanks Bruffie and Duffman, yep that’s me singing, and my best friend and I were just talking about getting back into live music, we decided we going to wait for our best drummer to finish law school so he can stay out late like in the old days!

I’m gonna fool around with the mix this weekend and see what I can do with it,

Thanks again guys! I am inspired again and I’ve 3 more tracks that should be ready in June-

Quote: (nixon1972 @ Apr. 29 2009, 2:46 PM)

Quote: (TomS @ Apr. 29 2009, 1:48 PM)

And some of us grew up listening to that all day long.... :whistle:

Yep. Quite true.

The other thing is, I paid for law school playing in a band. With Madison songwriting great Scott Olson, and other cool and highly talented dudes.