Sad Songs?

Let’s go for suicidal :slight_smile:

As some of you are posting sad songs…this one is desperate…Had this kicking around for a few weeks. Cannot get it to a stage where I like the finished product. Any suggestions (physically possible) would be appreciated. Or re-cycle bin and start again?

All Of The Days

Ack - can’t listen now, will listen in a couple of hours, Ian!

What about it don’t you like, Willy? Sounds great to me.

It just needs to get angry around 2:30 and raise the vocal up an octave :slight_smile:

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jan. 03 2011, 9:08 AM)

It just needs to get angry around 2:30 and raise the vocal up an octave :-)

Might try that Poppa.......I kinda gave up on it through lack of ideas!

Tom..... just couldn't seem to get any spark into it. Maybe Poppas idea might work.

That’s some nice intricate acoustic guitar playing, Ian. I could “hear” some ahh’s, mmm’s, or ou’s somewhere in there (4:27 ?).

Quote: (GeoffO @ Jan. 03 2011, 11:32 AM)

That's some nice intricate acoustic guitar playing, Ian. I could "hear" some ahh's, mmm's, or ou's somewhere in there (4:27 ?).

How bizarre Geoff.... I just played it back and thought the same thing!!

i dont do sad songs or acustic guitar so my opinon may seem a bit odd but here goes
the song really isnt at all bad but sad songs are usully dirge like & that makes them quickly boring & unremarkable
the best bits are when you lose the dirge like droning acustic/ rhtyhm guitar & put in the keyboard bits & lead guitar
i would lose the rhtyhm guitar completly … in places it could work without it & in others id search for guitar & keyboard lead parts to replace it… id even use noises that would create an atmosphear
id be radical with it but thats easy for me to say when i cant write songs like that

Wow Tina…radical is the word. Thanks for the feedback! I’m not sure the song is worth the effort,but food for thought there!

Recycle bin and on to the next might be easier :laugh:

oh my…took me a while to twig that ‘Willy’ be our beloved ‘Bruffie’ :;): yey … Hello Ian

Now, I really like where this is going, I agree that it has not yet got there yet but it sure as hell is going there AND is definately worth the time. I’m not sure that I agree about loosing the guitar though, I like it, I think it’d be cool to hear what comes out of Poppa’s idea? although I hear it at 2.13 just before the vox come back in. I can almost hear it getting a little angry there?

So far so good

Quote: (ange @ Jan. 04 2011, 11:24 AM)

oh my...took me a while to twig that 'Willy' be our beloved 'Bruffie'
:;):
yey ... Hello Ian

Now, I really like where this is going, I agree that it has not yet got there yet but it sure as hell is going there AND is definately worth the time. I'm not sure that I agree about loosing the guitar though, I like it, I think it'd be cool to hear what comes out of Poppa's idea? although I hear it at 2.13 just before the vox come back in. I can almost hear it getting a little angry there?

So far so good

You know me Ange......I like angry :) Good to be back lass. :agree:

Now, how could anyone mistake Ian’s voice? :agree:

I really enjoyed this, just as it is.

Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 04 2011, 1:30 PM)

Now, how could anyone mistake Ian's voice?
:agree:

noooo...silly.... I didn't realise twas him UNTIL I heard him!

...but yes, you are correct, his voice is unmistakeable ...and bloody fantastic too :)

ps: Hi Mr T :peace:

Hey mom-to-be-again! :agree:

Quote: (ange @ Jan. 04 2011, 4:51 PM)

Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 04 2011, 1:30 PM)

Now, how could anyone mistake Ian's voice?
:agree:

noooo...silly.... I didn't realise twas him UNTIL I heard him!

...but yes, you are correct, his voice is unmistakeable ...and bloody fantastic too :)

ps: Hi Mr T
:peace:

:;): Ange....you know I'm Mr Average at everything, but thanks anyway. Are rumours of an impending 2nd birth true? :)