Save Mixer Settings

Hi all, :D

When we have our training evening with the band, I record regularly all songs with n-track Version 6.x . Every song is stored in a new .sng file within a folder on my harddisk.
Remixing these recordings always start with opening the sng file in n-tracks, correcting the mixer settings, adding effects like equalizer, compressor etc. after remixing one song I open the next one and all previous made settings are reset to default.
Is there any way to store the once made settings like a default settings so the corrections in the mixer will be reduced to a minimum or do I always have to restart completely?
Thanks for any Ideas

Jogi - Bassman

rustyramblers.de :D

If you save after working on each song, the settings should be just as you left them.

I think there is a way to create a template .sng
- Call it Mix.sng
Then I believe you can import tracks to that template from some other (New.sng)
It’s located under the ADD CHANNEL tab.
Otherwise - when you save as .sng - you are saving the settings as well. So
re-opening the .sng will always give you the last saved settings (including mixer settings)

EDIT - actually it’s the other way around. Open your New.sng,
then import from your template .sng, and check ‘Import Only
Track Settings’

Quote: (rustyrambler @ Jan. 14 2010, 7:30 AM)

When we have our training evening with the band,
Jogi - Bassman

rustyramblers.de :D

Training evening, hmmmm?
Wondering what your training them to do?
How does that work?
And do you have other nights with the band like; free'for'all, or jam night, dress rehearsal etc? Interesting!
It's good that your recording everything Jogi

Yes you can import just the songs tracks settings and save it as a templet!

You could remove parts from all the tracks and save that as something else.
Each time you save a song "as something new" the previous named song file will remain intact.
Quote:

You could remove parts from all the tracks and save that as something else.
Each time you save a song "as something new" the previous named song file will remain intact.

Yeh - that sounds more like it. :agree:

@ Levi: what
´s funny with the description “training evening” … I
´m German. We call it “Bandprobe” and I didn
´t find a better word than training…
Actually I am training my Guitarplayer how to start at the “1” ;-))

I don
´t record everything: we have a seperated Studio or Recordingroom in our Bandroom where my Recording equipment is located. When we play a new song I walk in there, put the n-track on record and when finished the song the same with stopping the record - so I get a good overview in our “training” succes and when we do a song well - I also have a good resource for a demo tape. And finally I get used to work with n-track…

So keep on rockin (and recording everything ;-)) ) Best wishes from Southern Germany

Jogi

btw: Thanks to all for the tips…I
´ll try asap how the “Master-Mixing” and importing Mixer settings works…

Jogi

Rusty, in American English the regular usage is ‘practice’, rather than ‘training’. The actual meanings are almost the same; ‘training’ implies a structured activity conducted by a leader, while ‘practice’ suggests equals working together to master their music.

I think the new ‘save as template’ feature is what you need; it is discussed in another thread.

Good luck, and welcome to the board!

'til next time;
tony w

The newer builds - build 2548 0 will create a template. File > Save AS Template. Be sure to also save each song as a separate name.
Bax