Schiavo autopsy report backs husband

Wascally twoll! :D

“Even Trolls Like Rock ‘n’ Roll” song from the late 60’s, name the one hit artist!

Hmm…Tony Joe White did Even Trolls Love Rock and Roll in 1974. He’s not a one hit artist and that’s not late 60’s. More pondering is in order.

phoo, you da man!

Well, on a more serious note, Maria Korp has just had her feeding tube removed by the public advocate after advice from two neurologists. She’s been in a coma since late feburary after an attack by her husband’s lover and being left in a car boot for four days in summer.

Any opinions? I’m fairly certain she’s breathing on her own.

http://www.news.com.au/story/print/0,10119,16058035,00.html

Yes phoo, Tony Joe White, but came out in '69 with the only song I remember as a hit, and that was “Polk Salad Annie”. Toured with Creedence, on the last tour Creedence did, (as a 3 piece band without Tom Fogerty) Had the pleasure of seeing that concert. If Tony had any other mainstream hits, I don’t remember them.

Yeah, that is probably the only hit almost anyone would remember. He had a minor followup that sound very similar, but I don’t remember the name of the song (maybe I’m confusing a Jerry Reed song or something).

After that he went pretty much mainstream country - no more pop chart stuff, though he did ok on the country charts from what little I remember. I don’t keep up with those - never have.

He’s still hanging around appearently. I just found this.

http://www.tonyjoewhite.com/

There’s an MP3 of Even Trolls Love Rock ‘n’ Roll up there.

Wowsers, will have to give that a listen, don’t think I’ve heard the song since that concert. Thanks for the link phoo. :D

Guys, Didn’t he release " Groupie Girl" in early seventies. Perhaps we could re-do it as Entertainers personal retainer to be more politically correct :)

Quote (Willy @ July 27 2005,02:12)
Well, on a more serious note, Maria Korp has just had her feeding tube removed by the public advocate after advice from two neurologists. She's been in a coma since late feburary after an attack by her husband's lover and being left in a car boot for four days in summer.

Any opinions? I'm fairly certain she's breathing on her own.

http://www.news.com.au/story/print/0,10119,16058035,00.html

to show my ignorance - is the "boot" of the car the trunk?...

and is the family involved in this case?... in the schiavo case, it was parents and husband fighting (initially)... i only see a reference to the public advocate (not even sure exactly what that position is)...

isaac

“Boot” = Trunk
"Bonnet" = Hood
"Petrol" = Gas
"Rubbery, black doughnut thingy" = Tire :p

Crazy Brits… *EDIT: Crazy Aussies :) *

TG

boot = trunk

We’re not getting the same sort of public division here in the Korp case as you did with the Schiavo case. Not that he’s come out and said anything, but chances are when she dies, the husband’s charges will be upgraded to murder, so it’s not really in his best interests for her to die.

There’s been a bit of debate, but I think the general consenus seems to be that if there’s no chance of recovery, then pull the tube. The public advocate, as I understand it (could be wrong), is a goverment appointed position that makes the decision for continuing life support/feeding or not (or could just be looking after her welfare in this case) given that her next of kin are alleged to be responsible for her being in the condition. His finding is that continued feeding is prolonging her dying, not improving her living.

Willy.

<!–QuoteBegin>

We’re not getting the same sort of public division here in the Korp case as you did with the Schiavo case.

That’s good. The Schiavo case was terrible & a low point for politicians in the US.

<!–QuoteBegin>
Not that he’s come out and said anything, but chances are when she dies, the husband’s charges will be upgraded to murder, so it’s not really in his best interests for her to die.

As it should be. This case is almost the opposite of the Schiavo case (in a warped sort of way).

Michael Schiavo was actually accused & smeared of murdering his wife by the “right-wing”. Bush’s brother, even re-opened the case but closed it when there was no evidence to support any foul play.

<!–QuoteBegin>

The Schiavo case was terrible & a low point for politicians in the US.

i agree with you mike, i feel that this struggle should have been left to the family (it’s no secret my feelings about the government getting involved in our lives)… but i must confess that the human side in me was very empathetic… i’ve been lucky thus far that deaths in my family have been handled in a very civil manner… i can’t imagine what those surrounding terri schiavo were feeling…

but still to this day, i’m not sure what i would do in such a case… fortunately, my girlfriend (whom i plan to marry) and i discussed our wishes in such a situation… but i guess it’s best to have it on paper…

isaac

<!–QuoteBegin>

but i must confess that the human side in me was very empathetic

For sure but I’m willing to bet that most of us, faced with this exact situation, would have chosen the same path as Michael Schiavo did. He & her family took care of her for a number of years, and there was no hope that she would recover, despite anything that anyone said.

Well, I think that after a few years of seeing someone in dying in real pain over a long time, you might even start to wish they were dead, as bad as that seems. It’s never happened to me, but I know a few to whom it has.

<!–QuoteBegin>

That’s good. The Schiavo case was terrible & a low point for politicians in the US.

I think that’s because we have a bigger division between church/god/state.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Well, I think that after a few years of seeing someone in dying in real pain over a long time, you might even start to wish they were dead, as bad as that seems.

Willy, I’ve never been there, and I hope to #### I never am, but I can see how that is very possible. :(

<!–QuoteBegin>
I think that’s because we have a bigger division between church/god/state.

It’s very strange; the USA, a country founded on the separation of church and state; yet it’s become more “Christian” than Eire or Italy apparently.

I wonder why? ???

Ali

<!–QuoteBegin>

Boot" = Trunk
"Bonnet" = Hood
"Petrol" = Gas
"Rubbery, black doughnut thingy" = Tire

Crazy Brits… *EDIT: Crazy Aussies *

TG

No TG, “tyre” = tire. :D

Not to be mean about this, but, Tank proposes a very good point here. The seperation of church and state, yet, everything has God in it. Pledge of allegiance, our money, etc etc. Not wanting a fight here, but what’s up with this? We do the exact thing we say we aren’t doing. Hmmm, Star Spangled Bummer ???

<!–QuoteBegin>

It’s very strange; the USA, a country founded on the separation of church and state; yet it’s become more “Christian” than Eire or Italy apparently.

Well there’s theory & there’s practice. The early people who moved here from Europe were very intolerant, as most know. The Puritans burned Quakers and witches. My wife is a Quaker & to this day will not have anything to do with the Congregationist Church because they’ve never really apologized for their actions.

The people who conceived the Constitution were educated & enlightened. They were not foaming-at-mouth fundamentalists. There’s been a shift here towards fundamentalism. Who knows what way it will go in the future?