SCHWARZENEGGER is an IDIOT

Schwarzenegger.

He’s created a new industry that spends MY TAX MONEY - see below.

<!–QuoteBegin>

SCHWARZENEGGER: Well, you know something? Those critics should create the jobs that I‘ve created.

And by calling a special election, which we‘re going to do very soon…

MATTHEWS: Right.

SCHWARZENEGGER: … we have created a whole industry in California.

People are out there gathering signatures.

MATTHEWS: But why would you…

SCHWARZENEGGER: There‘s hundreds of millions of dollars, hundreds of millions of dollars are being spent on television. It stimulates our economy. All this creates jobs. What are they talking about contracting out to India?

MATTHEWS: Well, why are you—why are you contracting out jobs to India?

SCHWARZENEGGER: I have no problem with that. The most important thing is that we create jobs here.

(CROSSTALK)

MATTHEWS: But that‘s because they‘re cheaper salaries, right?

SCHWARZENEGGER: No, no. Chris, don‘t get shortsighted here…We have got to fix—we have got to fix—we have got to fix the problem of California. This is all diversion. They say that I‘m trying to unplug the life support systems of old ladies.

MATTHEWS: No.

SCHWARZENEGGER: I‘m trying to take away the death benefits for the firefighters. They say that I‘m trying not to keep my promise with educators. These are the kinds of things that the special interests and the unions are saying, their campaign tactic.

<!–QuoteBegin>

On special vs. public interests
MATTHEWS: Where in your philosophy do you distinguish between special interests and people operating in the public interest? Teachers, nurses, and maybe, by extension, their unions, people would say, they‘re public interest people, because, every day, they work for the public. They don‘t make much money. They must be doing it for public—because of their public concerns.

Drug companies, big businesses, these fellows are coming in to have lunch with you and they‘re kicking into your campaign. Are they special interests? What do they get out of it?

SCHWARZENEGGER: Let me ask you a simple question.

MATTHEWS: Well, why aren‘t they special interests?

SCHWARZENEGGER: No, no, but let me—let me ask you a simple question. We have a bill, SB 1419, that says that the schools in California cannot contract out. They have to employ public employees to do the…

MATTHEWS: Right.

Knew that from watching his movies! :D

yeah I wanted to say earlier as well - You don’t need to listen to some political speech of his to realise that !

:D :D :D

Oh yes. And let us hope he runs for Prez too… :(

It’s sad to think there are probably enough morons in the USA, that if he did run for Prez, they’d probably ELECT the goof-ball!

I’m moving to Australia. Sheesh!

TG

I’ve been thinking about moving to New Zealand.

Quote (gtr4him @ Mar. 18 2005,11:53)
Oh yes. And let us hope he runs for Prez too........... :(

It's sad to think there are probably enough morons in the USA, that if he did run for Prez, they'd probably ELECT the goof-ball!

I'm moving to Australia. Sheesh!

TG

Well fortunately for us that never will happen.
Here's why, you have to be born in the US to run for prez.

As far as him bein' an idiot, hey toker!
If you can do better, put your guitar down and run for gov.!

It does seem kinda odd though, that the residents of Calif, would elect someone so tied into Hollywood, doesn't seem like that's in their best interest.
California has alot of tough crisis's goin' on. from water shortages, power deficits, mud slides, ect. I would try and get somone in there that has experience in solving these suh problems, and not just on a studio set! with small scale miniatures! tee hee.

Swartzy does seem like somewhat of a dimwit, but years of steroid abuse will do that to your brain.

jerm

Jerm: 'Here’s why, you have to be born in the US to run for prez.'

Thats just the current rule, and congress can change the rules. I wouldn’t be surprised if this particular rule gets changed, especially if after a few years Arnie is perceived to have solved some of CA’s problems. Why not, he is the embodiment of the American Dream. He’s also the embodiment of the supreme Aryan myth, hmmm…

I think he’s a very intelligent guy. He’s still learning this particular game, but he could not have succeeded in life to this degree without some big-time mental abilities. Not stupid. Not the perfect guy, but I do think the US could do a #### of a lot worse.

TG - if the US is becoming to wacky for you then moving to Australia is no escape - it’s becoming more and more like US every day. Toker has it right, NZ is the place to be these days. Very hard to get in, though !

Quote (kymarcus @ Mar. 18 2005,13:19)
Thats just the current rule, and congress can change the rules. I wouldn't be surprised if this particular rule gets changed, especially if after a few years Arnie is perceived to have solved some of CA's problems. Why not, he is the embodiment of the American Dream. He's also the embodiment of the supreme Aryan myth, hmmm...

TG - if the US is becoming to wacky for you then moving to Australia is no escape - it's becoming more and more like US every day. Toker has it right, NZ is the place to be these days. Very hard to get in, though !

So for quoting, but it's either thsat or signing in, dam I'm lazy today!

With all the nationalism displayed after 911, I would find it very odd that the US would change a rule at this point especially when it has to do with it's comander and chief, --but hey stranger things have happened.

on the other topic,
Why not move to Alaska guys?
I know it's techinically part of the US, but based on the information I've gotten off of people who have grown up there, or lived there for any lenth of time. It's like another country! kinda martial law in some places. Extremly low taxes(property) since there's not a large overpoulation of kids.(schools).
It's beautiful up there, and far away from the problems of the other states. They don't just make laws for the sake of keeping themselves buisy, like some of the states.
Ok, so DSL is not available for the most part, bummer.
And there are other wilderness type dilemas to consider.
But if you can live without all the luxuries that are usually the 'cause of all the social problems, it's a grand place indeed.

jerm
Quote (kymarcus @ Mar. 18 2005,13:19)
Jerm: 'Here's why, you have to be born in the US to run for prez.'

Thats just the current rule, and congress can change the rules. I wouldn't be surprised if this particular rule gets changed, especially if after a few years Arnie is perceived to have solved some of CA's problems. Why not, he is the embodiment of the American Dream. He's also the embodiment of the supreme Aryan myth, hmmm...

I think he's a very intelligent guy. He's still learning this particular game, but he could not have succeeded in life to this degree without some big-time mental abilities. Not stupid. Not the perfect guy, but I do think the US could do a #### of a lot worse.

TG - if the US is becoming to wacky for you then moving to Australia is no escape - it's becoming more and more like US every day. Toker has it right, NZ is the place to be these days. Very hard to get in, though !

Yep. I would not be at all surprised to see the rules change. And you are correct. We could certainly do a LOT WORSE!

Oh, I was just funnin' about moving to Australia. I would dearly LOVE to come visit sometime though. I have a dream vacation in mind when I get rich. Hit Alaska during the Alaskan summer months and tour it extensively. Then when it's too cold to friggin breathe around here....jet down to Australia and see the place.

A man can dream right?

TG :)

Nah TG, the nights in Alaska are very long, just find a couple cute eskimoes and hibermate in the igloo fer 6 mons (watch out for fur trappers tho). Besides if you go to “the land down under” being from the south you will fall off the earth, only to be caught by Klingons and sold in an Alpha Centauri Slave Guitar Market, where you’ll wind up playing rhythm guitar in a Kenny G cover band in some Venutian Dive.

Quote (Mr Soul @ Mar. 17 2005,20:04)
SCHWARZENEGGER is an IDIOT

Well, he is a Republican.

You’re not suggesting that Republican = Idiot are you :p :O :laugh:

Not exactly. That comment was made hastily in the heat of passion. There certainly are Republicans that I wouldn’t label idiots (Powell, McCain, Hagel), but unfortunately for their party (and America) it’s all the idiots who are in power now.