Singing lessons/Vocal coaching

I can hold a tune, sing harmonies, get the timing right, read a few books on singing, but my vocals are not great. Just wondering if I sho

Something happened with Mark A’s post…
Looks like he had to leave town, in a hurry…

Bill…

Strange… I something went wrong. Board posted two messages.

Should have read:

"I can hold a tune, sing harmonies, get the timing right, read a few books on singing, but my vocals are not great. Just wondering if I should get some singing lessons.

Anyone out there had any singing lessons? Did it help? Did you go from average to great or great to fantastic?

Just wondering…
:)
"

thats funny cos we were wondering the same thing about ally our singer
shes never sounded the same since she had children, have you noticed that mark? :laugh:

Neither have I, and I only watched them being had.

Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Feb. 20 2011, 6:24 PM)

shes never sounded the same since she had children, have you noticed that mark? :laugh:

Don't tell her I said so..

Did her voice go up an octave ????
or
down an octave ?

I had to ask..
:laugh:

Bill..

Gimme an E, Lilly - la la la.
I had a singing lesson, once. An engineer said he would punch me in the face every time I made a throaty “ahg” at the begining of every line!

Mark. If you’re in a position to have lessons, I would say, why not!? You’re obviously not tone-deaf and you might discover a new voice you never knew you had.

Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Feb. 21 2011, 11:24 AM)

Most certainly. And then I had that certain operation... and I'm saying no more.
Quote: (TonyR @ Feb. 21 2011, 12:09 PM)

Gimme an E, Lilly - la la la.
I had a singing lesson, once. An engineer said he would punch me in the face every time I made a throaty "ahg" at the begining of every line!

Mark. If you're in a position to have lessons, I would say, why not!? You're obviously not tone-deaf and you might discover a new voice you never knew you had.

Yeah, it's just the time/cost/effort (mainly cost TBH).

Mark

When I was a kid I was a member of the Young Canada Singers and our weekly practices included quite a bit of vocal instruction that I’ve always thought helped me a lot as a vocalist. I’ve always remembered what Mrs. Craddock taught us and use it to this day.