Stand Up For Craig!

Go Vote!

:)

Also, while you're at it, I'm starting to reconstruct a music page. My daugher insisted that I need a band name. She suggested "CookieFinger" - something to do with the fortune cookie on her finger, I think...So...you'll find me trying to play whistle this afternoon on an instrumental called "Rough Rider" and an unfinished thing that needs background vox "Another Road Song."

www.soundclick.com/CookieFinger

BTW, the title "Rough Rider" is simply because I was using the freebie compressor of the same name in the most recent CM mag. Also used the nice reverb that came with it too.
:agree: Hey Cookeifinger, I really like where your going with these songs! Real good vocals and fun cool songs! :agree: If you asked for suggestive help tips I wouldn't give ya any except to maybe say to sprinkle in a dash of harmony vocals here and there in "Another Road Song" for the audio fun of it.
Welcome back! Oh you might as well put these in a sound station store and copy and paste it into your soundclick page ;)
Levi

Thanks Levi - it needs harmonies - yep - but not mine - so…are you vounteering? :agree:

Hey I’ll volunteer, I hear backup vox in lots of your tunes, time is the only limitation. Still working on a track for the last one you posted. Let me see if I can get my wife and girl out of the house for an afternoon.

Great feel on the new band stuff. Harmonica sounds great with the acoustics on the Road song. Yee haw!
I ache to hear brushes on it though. :agree:

Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 14 2008, 5:33 PM)

Thanks Levi - it needs harmonies - yep - but not mine - so...are you vounteering?
:agree:

U want my vocals of all people? I mean singers? lolololololol sure anything you want man

What’s with the stand up for craig? Do you mean like in standing ovation? or did something go wrong with the contest?

Yeah I think it died down, but there were a couple of unfair posts about him being the frontrunner, like we were a bunch of robots voting blind. I mean really, his tunes are stellar and that’s why he’s got such a rep with us. He deserves it.
For he’s a jolly good fellow, for he’s a jolly good fellow…

Quote: (nixon1972 @ Dec. 14 2008, 10:48 PM)

Yeah I think it died down, but there were a couple of unfair posts about him being the frontrunner, like we were a bunch of robots voting blind. I mean really, his tunes are stellar and that's why he's got such a rep with us. He deserves it.
For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow....

Bollocks! Thoes chaps are barking mad they are.

Woof! Woof!

Brushes next time, Poppa!

However, back to the original topic, votes for Craig seem to have flattened, so get to work, you guys!

Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 14 2008, 4:50 PM)

:)

Also, while you're at it, I'm starting to reconstruct a music page.
My daugher insisted that I need a band name.
She suggested "CookieFinger" - something to do with the fortune cookie on her finger, I think...So...you'll find me trying to play whistle this afternoon on an instrumental called "Rough Rider" and an unfinished thing that needs background vox "Another Road Song."

www.soundclick.com/CookieFinger

BTW, the title "Rough Rider" is simply because I was using the freebie compressor of the same name in the most recent CM mag.
Also used the nice reverb that came with it too.

This was the original topic in this thread oh golden cookie finger!
For some reason you changed the title to stand up for the far easterner!
U tryin to confuse us or what?

Anyone else notice this forum acting a little strangely lately?
Like clicking on a current thread only to be taken to a thread that was written 4 ys ago?
I'm bricking this tat forum thats what I am mates.

I thought I’d responded to this earlier…

All good stuff as ever Tom. Mix sounds good, love the harmonica and I see you put the mandolin to good use again!
I love that sound.
I’m sure I’ll get to say something actually constructive one day…

Cheers for the title by the way :laugh:

Nice tunes Tom, bring the mandolin up some in the mix please!
Once again these are stereo recordings right? Dang close to mono.
Where you got your speakers sitting for mixdown? Just curious.

What’s a CookieFinger?

Hello Zay, don’t remember seeing you around these parts, Might I ask you, “GO PANTHERS”!, Oh sorry,thought you were someone else. …

Quote: (Zay @ Dec. 16 2008, 9:33 AM)

Nice tunes Tom, bring the mandolin up some in the mix please!
Once again these are stereo recordings right? Dang close to mono.
Where you got your speakers sitting for mixdown? Just curious.

What's a CookieFinger?

Really, it is stereo! I even panned things here and there!

I think I've said this before - I seem to mix closer to mono than most folks do. Speakers are nearfield, about where they should be, on my left and right. Hmm. Perhaps I should look into that?

Hey Nix (Kev)I’m just a bass ackwards “YAZ”! :laugh:

One on the left and one on the right, hmmmm, I was thinking ya had em stacked one on top the other!
Tom, I swear it sounds mono, no really it does, but the snare has come a loooooooooong way! :)

Maybe it’s just me.

Nevermind.

Nope, not just you, you’ve said that about my mixes before.

I don’t disagree about the snare, either! Good thing that we actually get better at this over time. Otherwise it would be a complete drag. :)