Teen sex increased after abstinence program

Texas study finds no impact on sexual be

Abstinence-only sex.

<!–QuoteBegin>

HOUSTON - Abstinence-only sex education programs, a major plank in President George W. Bush’s education plan, have had no impact on teenagers’ behavior in his home state of Texas, according to a new study.

Despite taking courses emphasizing abstinence-only themes, teenagers in 29 high schools became increasingly sexually active, mirroring the overall state trends, according to the study conducted by researchers at Texas A&M University.

Uhh, do some more reasearch on that. The studies were highly biased, and ineffective, and not academic in any way, really. Don’t read simply the new reports. Read some scholarly response to the research.

Fish

The study was conducted by researchers at Texas A&M University (Dr. Buzz Pruitt). Are you saying that they don’t know what they’re doing.

As Ross Perot once said, "I’m all ears…"

Mr Soul

No, other people are saying that they don’t know what they are doing. I’m just repeating it. I don’t have the responses right in front of me.

fish

The Texas State Health Services commissioned the study. My guess is the people who won’t like the report are religous groups & right-wingers. Until I see some “real” rebuttal, I’m going to believe the report.

If you find them, please post links. Thanks.

Mr Soul

yawn

Clark - you need to get some sleep, you’ve been yawning alot around here lately :laugh:

I’m sorry. I forgot that religous people can’t be scholars, and that anything TAMU does is automatically scientifically accurate and the absolute truth. sorry.

S. Kyle Davis

You’re forgiven.

Mr Soul

Where were these girls when I went to school?

That’s all I have to say about that.

Umm, I live in Texas, and I haven’t met any of these girls. Or at least very few. :) I guess I should look for a Texas flag pic to show my pride…

sigh ok. here is a flag for you guys.

feel better?

fish

Woahhh - green man or Texas cheerleader?!?!

Yeah & I hear that kid’s these day’s don’t think oral s*x is that bad. Where were these girls when I was young :laugh:

Mr Soul

PS - My daughter is 8 & I’m going watch the guys she’s with like a HAWK!!!

Quote (Mr Soul @ Feb. 01 2005,13:53)
Dr. Buzz Pruitt

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Hey phoo - with a name like that he HAS to join the Fart Ones :laugh:
Call Texas A&M University quick !
There's a New Scotland? What's wrong with the old one?
I'm from New England. The old one was repressive & didn't represent the people. Whooh - sounds like today!!!

Mr Soul

For a moment - back to the old Abstinence Education subject.

I don’t know how many of you guys have kids, but when was the last time they actually didn’t do something you tell them not to. It seems to me that having these silly classes teaching them NOT to have sex just increases the allure and mystique of having sex - thus making them MORE likely to try it. To find out what it’s all about. It’s kinda like smoking, your parents jumped all over you about not smoking and you’re thinking “Hmmm. It must be good if they don’t want me to do it…”.

Or it could just be my kids that pay absolutely no attention to what I tell them.

.-=gp=-.