TEMPLATE file?

I’m using the latest version of N-track.

I’ve recorded my drums into Ntrack - I’ve got a really good working mix with eq etc just how I want on each seperate track. Now I have 20 more minutes of drums recorded and all I want to do is insert the wave files into the same song using the track effects I’ve worked - a TEMPLATE in other words.

Thing is I cannot insert the wave files at any point of my choosing. It’s at the beginning or nothing. I can’t delete the original wave files and save under a different name such as ‘template’ either. No - the wave files at the beginning of the timeline seem inextricably linked to ‘track’. I can’t delete a ‘part’, only a ‘track’. By deleting the track I am thereby deleting all of the settings I want to save.

Is it possible to save a song template with track values and an empty timeline?

Thanks in advance.

Spooner.

As far as I know Detective, there are no “template” functions available in n-Track. It’s been requested many times. Mind you, I haven’t run n-Track in a while… it may indeed be in there somewhere. (But I doubt it…)

D

There are no template features in n now. But I have read your post three times and am still lost as to what exactly 20 minutes more drums and all means - could you try explaining it again for an idiot?

Try this:
First - for safty sake, copy all of the involved files to a new Directory.
Open the Song (origional mix) from the new directory (this is not necesary, but it’s better to be safe than sorry.)
Save the n_Track file as a new name - something like Drum Template.sng
Select the track with the settings you want to save - we will use Track 1.
Select the track and choose Edit > Remove Part - be Certain to not Delete the wave file, only Remove From Song.
Now, open the track you want to match to your previous settings with File > Import and tell it to place the file on Track 1
This should place the new wave file in the place occupied by your previous recording with all the setting in place.
If this works for you, you can remove all the wave files and save the SNG file as a Template - just remember to Import the new wave files.
Hope this answers your question.
Bax

Poppa, you certainly aren’t an idiot, but I need to throw a few more commas in my posts.

Bax3 - you have explained step by step what I was trying to do without success. The problem was I am not able to delete the wave files. They are not showing as a ‘part’, only a ‘track’, and hence only provide the option of deleting the entire track.

BINGO! I just dragged them a little way along the time line and then they magically became a ‘part’. Now I’ve deleted then all. What a daft programme this is sometimes!

CONCLUSION: WAVE FILES RECORDED FROM 0:00 ARE NON DELETEABLE UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE THE ENTIRE TRACK. IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THE TRACK THEN DRAG THEM AWAY FROM 0:00 WHEREUPON YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DELETE THEM.

Don’t forget the “clone to new song” feature. You can clone to new song ahtever you want then save that as a template.sng file ?? just a thought.