The Music Industry

Didn’t Die

It was hacked to death in a revolution.

The planet is awash with fantastic music that has been made for the love of it:-)

Good in one way…but there seems to be no way to filter out the rubbish before it hits our ears…

Its gone from one extreme to the other…there’s too much of it!

There’s too much music!!!

:laugh:

I agree with that spreader guy. So, I have been doing my part and not writing anything for a whole month now. :)

You’re exempt Tom. Get writing.
:)

I second that emulsion;-)

Craig, the filter you refer to, used to be controlled by an elite, editorial empire geared entirely for the purpose of making a killing whilst selling people what they “should be” listening to. Talent has been around a tad longer than Celebratory.
Does the word “industry” really fit, in relation to an art form?

I want to get writing so much, but everything is getting in the way. the project this month is getting a club hockey team going for our little college. We have played one game, and I am now the winningest hockey coach in school history. Undefeated since 1923. :laugh:

Quote: (TonyR @ Nov. 07 2011, 5:37 PM)

Craig, the filter you refer to, used to be controlled by an elite, editorial empire geared entirely for the purpose of making a killing whilst selling people what they "should be" listening to.

True.
There did however used to be a little more leeway in that an 'artist' was allowed to grow....music was allowed to progress and wasn't forced to go the way it was told so much as it is now...(by those powers that be)

It seems now there is too much music with little/no filtering whatsoever (I think there should be some) yet the mass produced crap is getting worse!

Definitely doing my part. Haven’t recorded anything for around 6 months :p