The Rolling Stones..

Are in Town…

Well… The area known as Moncton New Brunswick… and more specificly known as Magnetic Hill… in southeastern New Brunswick…

80,000 tickets went on sale for the event and were gobbeled up by fans right accross the contenent… Ticket prices were 100.00… With-in hours, thery were gone… A few weeks later they decided that 20.000 more would be made available… But they didn’t all get sold…

This event is a BIG TO-DO… The weather is forcast to be Stellar…

I’m hearing the the stage is some thousands of sq. ft… and is better than 75 ft. off the ground… An elevator has been installed to get the stage people to stage-floor level…

Security is said to be adequate… But we’ll see… I hope it ends up with good stories and memories for the people who have bought tickets… The average age of the ticket buyers is said to be well into their 40’s… and more…

This is one Big Event to be organized , for these parts… :O

Bill…

80000 x 100 = uh, wait, lemme see, uh…8 million Canadian? And that doesn’t include t-shirt sales…

It better be a good show! Are you going, ill?

Hi TomS:
Isn’t that just a pile of “Dough” ??? Eh? I mean Loonies?

We knew who they were… alright… But we were playing the Red-Neck Bars… and all… Breathing all that second-hand smoke… We just chalked them up to a stage full of Smart-ass’d Kids with too much energy to burn… :p :laugh:

Who’s hiss’in now?

I think, I’ll put my $100.00 into my gas tank… and stay-away from that crowd… :cool:

Bill…

[EDIT]
I might see somebody there I know, (if I went) They’d sak me what i’m doin there and then… sic… the security, on me. :p

They would have to PAY ME (lots) to go endure a crowd like that! I means it is The Rolling Stones but… shouldn’t they all be dead by now? I think Keef IS dead… his body is just so pickled he forgot to fall over!

TG

The Rolling Stones “Geriatric Tour #45”.

Can’t believe those prices. Can’t believe they ain’t playing outta wheel chairs, specially Keith. Think I saw Keith last in that movie “Night of the Living Dead”

(Tim/Terry/Steve/TG/'Bama Dude), pickled isn’t a good word for Keith, more like “Embalmed” :D

Heh. I hear you Yaz. I suppose I should not pick on the ol’ boys as I sure HOPE I can still rock out when I am their age!

Tim/Terry/Steve/TG/'Bama Dude – that explains all those voices in my head ???

LOL TG, I hear voices too, but it’s always the wife wanting me to actually do something around the house.

Maybe rocking keeps ya young at heart! :D (Hope so anyways)

You mean “The Strolling Bones” don’t you? :laugh:

Quote (Mr Soul @ Sep. 01 2005,10:12)
You mean "The Strolling Bones" don't you? :laugh:

HA! I like that one! LOL

TG

I donna know… But I’m sensing a weee. bit of envy GREEN goin on here… lol… Or… is it all them green-backs that those Loonies will convert to… ??

I think there’s gonna be a cross-Canada tour that is booked for them… I’m not sure of all the veneus, but I think there are several more before it’s all over. Lets say, it’s the Pocket-Change, they’re short on…

Garth Brooks came in here a few years back… He sold out about five appearences before it was all over… He took out about 12 million… Loonies… that is…

Bill…

Lessee Bill… that comes to about 11,999,999.5 MORE Loonies than I’ve ever made on music! :(

TG

I KkNnOoWw… Tim:
isn’t that criminally insane… ?

I think I can Safely say, that I’ve taken about a Dollar-and-a-\Hhalf out of the music I’ve made, over time… It’s come close to mentally killing me at different times… But somehow I survived> :O :laugh:

The guy I really miss and he’s not with us anymore is my life-long friend and Steel Guitar Player… Leonard…

His breathing became bad… and after 8-9 months of struggling, with the condition he had… he just left us…

We argued about the Music we made… Big-Time… ??? :(

Bill…

One doesn’t object to paying for the band. Nor even for all the “essential” doodads the band need; limo’s, air-conditioned bidets, etc.

But I get really pissed off having part of the ticket price pay for oxygen cylinders, geriatric CPR teams, and lots and lots of Horlicks for every member of the band. :(

Ali

Late 60’s/early 70’s and I was sharing a flat in Shepards Market in Mayfair.

I’d been in the broadcasting business for a wee while, but very much in the “turn up afterwards and maintain the gear” sort of thing. So, I’d never actually met anyone “famous”.

Anyway, after a day of exploring my inner self (i.e. tripped out of my head on mescaline LOL), I needed a packet of fags so I popped into my local tobacconists, i.e., the London Hilton.

Being largely concerned with inner consciousness and largely unaware of outer reality, I walked to the ciggy booth and asked for 20 Bensons.

“Oye! Wait ya fackin turn mate”, said a voice from somewhere in the depths.

I turned around, saw nothing; looked down, and saw a couple very alike Mick and Bianca Jagger.

I mumbled an apology, and stepped back.

After they’d gone, I said to the tobacconist; “was that…?”

“Yep”, she said, "aren’t they just wonderful!"

Well, I thought so too. Never before or since have I been told “Oye! Wait ya fackin turn mate” by an international superstar. :)

Ali

Cool story Ali! :D

An up-date the this thread… The weekend in Moncton has begun… There are no Motel Rooms or campground sties left/ available… They are starting to stake-out their turf on the grounds…

http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=moncton+stones+ca&FORM=USNO

For anyone who likes to surf/browse…

The concert starts at 3pm… the Stones go on at 8pm…

Bill…

[EDIT]
Some fans who are starting to gather… A news-cast interviewed some of the faithful… They appeared to be in their late '60’s early '70’s… :O :laugh:

Stones Update…

I got a call from friends about 8:10pm this evening… I talked with them till roughly 8:25pm. They hadn’t appeared on the stage yet… But the Lighting activity looked as thoght something was about to begin…

http://sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/story…03.html

They had reserved accomaditions at one of the upper-crust hotels in town. (Moncton)

The tickets they had placed them some 1000 feet from the stage… Cost them $80.00 a piece…

Their observations was… The crowd was by-in-large pretty sane… Lots of garbage laying around… Well…

Bill…

An up-date to the “Stones” “Magnetic Weekend”… in Moncton New Brunswick…

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/woxnerw/slideshow?.dir=/6de6&.src=ph

There were no serious injuries or anything that would have brought attention to the concert that may have been negitive to the concert venue… However, there is one photo that a bunch of you guys might be interested in … Have a peek… guys… lol… There were more photos that I didn’t post but this one was, the Best-of-the-Best… At second thought, I should go and post, the other one/ones…

The UK/European Board members might be interested in how the Local Paper reported the Event… There were several pages that had write-ups, but what is posted is, the opening page accounts…

This was a BIG SHOW for the Stones… and their FANS…

Bill…