The Yankee Flyer

New video

I’m into a video phase these days. Please check out my new video at
The Yankee Flyer.

The song/video are about a train called The Yankee Flyer or The Flying Yankee. I wrote a song about the train over 10 years ago after reading an article about it in the local newspaper. The train was built in 1935 to revive train travel in New England. It was retired in 1957 and is being restored.

Tech note - I re-mixed the audio using Reaper (sorry about that) and updated plugins from PSP Audio. I think the audio is much better.

I hope you like it!

I do - very nice work. :agree:

Very nice, Mike. I thought the mandolin was particularly effective.

And the subject itself is fascinating - what a glorious-looking machine. Perhaps the restoration society would be interested in getting a copy of your video; might be useful for fund-raising or, at least, awareness-raising.

Thanks for watching!

It’s funny about the mandolin part because it’s not a particularly interesting part by itself, but with the scenes, it really seemed to work, i.e., it had a rolling, moving kind of feel to it.
Even my wife reacted to the mandolin, which she has heard before, when she watched the video for the first time yesterday.

Yes - I am going to offer it to the Restoration Group.
While putting the video together and looking at all the pic’s (I sifted through about 3x more pic’s that didn’t make the video), I was really even more impressed by the train than when I was inspired to write the song originally.

I should also note that this was the last song that I’ve recorded using nTrack (3.3).

Quote: (Mr Soul @ Mar. 31 2008, 2:02 PM)

...While putting the video together and looking at all the pic's (I sifted through about 3x more pic's that didn't make the video), I was really even more impressed by the train than when I was inspired to write the song originally...

Actually - this doesn't surprise me.

With my limited experience putting videos together I've learned that one needs to have about 4X more images than alotted time to create anything really watchable - you will cut or you will perish. (In my (limited) experience.)

The eyes are just that much more discerning than the ears, I guess.

Hi Mike:

I still don’t have any Hi-Speed connection…
But…
Thanks for the Mail-out on your Yankee Flyer project…

If you don’t mind or have any issues with me forwarding your link to the guy who maintains my pages for me…
I’ll get him to have a peek at you sites. He has a great hi-speed connection…
Ronnie spends a lot of time maintaining Home-pages for enertainers/musicians around these parts… He was the Keyboard player on the last stage I worked on.

Do you “Link” to the Yankee Flyer homepage on any of your Homepages?
Just checking…
I haven’t been around any of your homepages in some time.
It might be nice to draw a connection to the “Flyer History” on your pages if you haven’t already done-so…

Bill…

p.s. I see the Yankee Flyer link on your “LINKS” Page…

Thanks…

Quote:

p.s. I see the Yankee Flyer link on your "LINKS" Page..

As you found, I do have a link. However, there are numerous sites, including wikipedia, with information about the train as good or better that the Restoration Group's page.

I also posted on some other forums and a guy replied indicating that his dad had worked for the B&M Railroad for over 30+ years, so he was quite aprreciative of the song.

Thanks for checking it out (and get a high speed connection :-)