Therapy session.......

Quote: (Diogenes @ Aug. 08 2008, 8:11 AM)

This IS one of the downsides to music PC technology. Any doofus with half a brain can download a bunch of canned loops and junk and think he/she's the new Rachmaninoff or something...

It's sort of the "dumbing down" of the musical art...

:) :) Brilliant D, u just cheered my day up. That's exactly what I did. I put no musical theory into it at all. Just made sure it sounded suitably mind numbing for around 6 mins. The loops were chosen on the 'That'll do basis' and this DJ guy things it's creative.... Oh Dear!!

There ya go Bruffie, if you and I give up then that’s 'bout all we’ll get for listening pleasure. I for one would much rather hear a note off or a little out of sync than that “looped goop shoop”.
Well there ya go dude, write us some lyrics to “Looped Goop Shoop” and we’ll get started recording it! :)

OLD SCHOOL ROCKS! :)

Quote: (Yaz @ Aug. 08 2008, 5:30 AM)

I for one would much rather hear a note off or a little out of sync than that "looped goop shoop".

2nd that... :agree:

cliff
Quote: (Yaz @ Aug. 08 2008, 5:30 AM)

There ya go Bruffie, if you and I give up then that's 'bout all we'll get for listening pleasure. I for one would much rather hear a note off or a little out of sync than that "looped goop shoop".
Well there ya go dude, write us some lyrics to "Looped Goop Shoop" and we'll get started recording it! :)

OLD SCHOOL ROCKS! :)

AMEN REVEREND!

D

Dang - ya’ll got up early today - good stuff in the posts. I agree with 't’all.
I for one have decided to lighten up on myself and quit being such a perfectionist. At least I’m going to try it recording wise. That way one little spot out of time will become many and I can thereby refer to it as ‘my style.’ :laugh:
Got a new tune written - gonna try to get it done this weekend and see how it goes.

Quote:

Dang - ya'll got up early today -

School is back in session here. I have to boot the boy outta da' sack and get him to school. While he sits on the couch with his bowl of cereal going "Doooooo... sleepy... errr... what day is it? Doooo..." I browse around a bit. Little stinker... if he'd go to sleep when I TELL HIM... :p

Let us know how the new song goes PW. You gonna use your new drummer? This one probably won't show up late/drunk/hung-over/with his posse etc... LOL!

D

hehee - yep gonna try a new recording approach with my new set up. One to generate feel over technique - if that makes sense.

Early, is 5 a.m. early? LOL.

Would love to hear a new tune Poppa, let us know when you post. (On second thought you can’t play outta time and call it your style, I already own that one LMBO!)

D, that’s funny, drummer in a box never shows up drunk, or hungry! :laugh:

We had a drummer come over from our main church campus to sit in while our drummer was off at Youth Camp. Guy shows up late for warm-up… we were already “strapped in” and working through the tunes when he shows up, climbs in the drum booth to get settled in. P&W leader says “You ready in there?” Guy sticks his head back out and says “Hey? You guys have any sticks?” I turn to bass player, “Yep. He’s a drummer!” LOL…

Why do drummers NEVER have sticks, tuning keys etc WITH them? They must not be as paranoid as guitar players. I have enough strings, parts and crap in each guitar case to probably build a couple from scratch… You know… just in case?

D

PS Now, now… nobody get offended okay? Not ALL of the drummers I have known are like that. Oh and we learned the hard way… In an open access church sanctuary, you NEVER leave stuff lying around for the Pastors/Deacons/Janitors kids to beat the living crap outta yer drums with… I wish the stage were behind titanium bars with gates that could only be opened via secure retina scans. :p

I was gonna edit the previous but oh well…

This is OT but funny. I was reminded by the “secure retina scan” comment above…

IT dude has these shiny new locks on his equipment rooms that scan fingerprints for access. I told him I didn’t want registered because when they call at 3:00AM I can say “Well I can’t even get in the rooms so I ain’t coming over there!” Anyway, I do know who has been registered. A week or two later I decided to mess with ‘em a bit. Just so happens I was walking down the hall when the “select few” were coming out of a meeting in the conference room. I told them to hold up a minute and ushered them back in the room. Then, serious as a heart attack, I said "Look, I know all you guys have been registered for secure access fingerprint scans to the equipment rooms. Well yesterday just for “fun” I sneakily whipped ol’ one eye out and plopped him on the scanner. Beep. Click! The door popped open. What I want to know is which one of you guys fingerprints matches the skin on my tally-whacker!" LOL…

D

:laugh: :laugh:
Quote: (Diogenes @ Aug. 08 2008, 10:38 AM)

I was gonna edit the previous but oh well...

This is OT but funny. I was reminded by the "secure retina scan" comment above...

IT dude has these shiny new locks on his equipment rooms that scan fingerprints for access. I told him I didn't want registered because when they call at 3:00AM I can say "Well I can't even get in the rooms so I ain't coming over there!" Anyway, I do know who has been registered. A week or two later I decided to mess with 'em a bit. Just so happens I was walking down the hall when the "select few" were coming out of a meeting in the conference room. I told them to hold up a minute and ushered them back in the room. Then, serious as a heart attack, I said "Look, I know all you guys have been registered for secure access fingerprint scans to the equipment rooms. Well yesterday just for "fun" I sneakily whipped ol' one eye out and plopped him on the scanner. Beep. Click! The door popped open. What I want to know is which one of you guys fingerprints matches the skin on my tally-whacker!" LOL...

D

ROFL, D you nut!