This is funny...

don’t care what “side” you are on…

LOL…

Some people have way too much time on their hands… :laugh:

D

'nuther goodern for us ill 'litrut stupit american rednecks.
:agree:
(I’ve been surfing English blogs.)

:laugh: thx for sharing!

It sounds like the Honeymoon’s all over…
over there…

Maybe, you wantta all come over here…

I hear there’s a place in Ottawa that sells steering wheels to the elected people for .10 a piece…

However, it costs millions of loonies to get somebody worse so they can have their say on how to run the place…

There’s talk about them going to the people again…
They do it up there about every 12 months…
or between snow storms…
whichever comes first…

Pass the cotton candy…
:p
:laugh: Don’
t forget to throw a stick a wood in the stove…

Bill…

Not funny, creepy. being the liberal hippie commie I am, where are all these people who are happy with their health care? I don’t get this whole debate. I hate my insurance… hate it. And I can’t really get anything better without spending incredible amounts of money. This was a debate fueled by lobbyists, not what was best for people. The misinformation and twisting of the legislation was really quite overwhelming as well. Same old who ever screams loudest wins… forget the actual facts.

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Oct. 04 2009, 5:54 PM)

Not funny, creepy. being the liberal hippie commie I am, where are all these people who are happy with their health care? I don't get this whole debate. I hate my insurance... hate it. And I can't really get anything better without spending incredible amounts of money. This was a debate fueled by lobbyists, not what was best for people. The misinformation and twisting of the legislation was really quite overwhelming as well. Same old who ever screams loudest wins... forget the actual facts.

I wasn't personally commenting on the content or the topic from this video.
I listened to 10 seconds of this at the most, just enough to get a feel for it.
But the the visual expressions and accent.
Very clever.
As far as the issues, I'm with you.
Down with loggers and lobbyists, and more insurance and health care options for middle class people and people with little or no income.
Quote:

Same old who ever screams loudest wins... forget the actual facts.

The song remains the same yes? I guess I'm fortunate. We have pretty decent insurance. My wife and I both...

D
Quote:

I hate my insurance... hate it. And I can't really get anything better without spending incredible amounts of money.

Do you really think nationalized health care is going to fix that? No way Bubba. Guys like you and me will be carrying the bulk of the burden. Hide and watch. The greedy SOB's who have the most $$$ to lose will see to it. There's no such thing as a free lunch. I don't know how to fix the mess... Neither do they.

D
Quote:

I guess I'm fortunate. We have pretty decent insurance. My wife and I both...

Is it hrough your employer, or do you pay 100% of the insurance costs out of pocket?
Quote: (phoo @ Oct. 05 2009, 11:06 AM)

Quote:

I guess I'm fortunate. We have pretty decent insurance. My wife and I both...

Is it hrough your employer, or do you pay 100% of the insurance costs out of pocket?

Employer(s) cover part of the cost. My salary isn't exactly a PILE of money. Neither is the wifey's. The insurance is one nice benefit especially in view of all the other perks that have disappeared over the years. (We can thank greed and Congress for that as well...)

D
Quote:

Not funny, creepy. being the liberal hippie commie I am, where are all these people who are happy with their health care? I don't get this whole debate. I hate my insurance... hate it. And I can't really get anything better without spending incredible amounts of money. This was a debate fueled by lobbyists, not what was best for people. The misinformation and twisting of the legislation was really quite overwhelming as well. Same old who ever screams loudest wins... forget the actual facts.

I am with you Bubba.
I have pretty good health care because I get it through my wife's employer (my employer's plan was one of those high deductable/1,000,000 cap plans), but I also have to pay for a part of it.
Each new plan I get, I have to pay more, but I am not really complaining because I do have health care.
It's not the loudest who is screaming - it's the richest.
Follow the money - it's the health insurance companies that do not want health care to be reformed because they are CLEANING up right now.

And to answer you D - do you think Medicaid & Medicare are good programs (because they are run by the government).
How about Social Security?
How about Flood Insurance - I don't hear any right-wingers complaining about that being socalism.

There you go callin’ me a “right-winger”. :p

Quote:

It’s not the loudest who is screaming - it’s the richest.
Follow the money - it’s the health insurance companies that do not want health care to be reformed because they are CLEANING up right now.

EXACTLY! I thought that point was made already?

Answer my question? I asked a question? Ohh… you mean;

Quote:

Do you really think nationalized health care is going to fix that?

The thing is, we’re going to PAY one way or the other. It will either be like it is now OR we’ll pay the gummint and THEY will pay the insurance companies. Can you say “Middle man”? (Smaller more efficient government? ROFL…) Think about the mess with the banks that failed. What will happen if the next in line, HUMONGOUS financial institutions fail? That’s the insurance companies ya’ know… They are not going to sit around and be dictated to by the government. They have shareholders to answer to. (and politicians to buy)

I’m not saying it’s a bad idea. I just don’t see HOW it can happen without everybody but the top two percent getting screwed over. I’m not in the top two percent. If I were, I wouldn’t be here ratchet jawing with you guys. :laugh:

D

PS That’s just part of the issue by the way… I don’t have time right now to carry on…

The question should not be so simple, "Do you like your health plan?"
It should be, "Do you like your health plan enough to pay 100% of it out of you pocket?"

Most folks with good health plans are not paying all of it out of their pockets, but are getting group rates via employers, or other subsidies, such as being on a family members policy. Yes, much of the cost is taken out of their paychecks, but many times only a percentage it taken (matching funds, etc).

Look at insurance from the individuals point of view. What would it cost you if you had to buy it yourself, and had to foot the full bill as whatever rate you could get it at?

My significant other lost her health insurance when she changes jobs. First, was COBRA for a few months (about $300 a month), then that ran out. She was forced to get her own (at %800 a month). After almost a year, she got another job what offered health insurance. That paid 100%, so she canceled her individual policy. She was not allowed to move from one to the other. It was as if starting new again.

After 9 months on the job the health benefit was dropped because the company couldn’t afford to keep paying. Employees were allowed to keep their current policy and pay it out of pocket at the group rate. But, she was not allowed to be part of that group because she had not worked there a year. She was out of luck. Yes, she could reapply to retain the current policy, but it would not have the group rate. The price jumped to $1600 a month.

We could not afford that, so she was advised to restore her previous personal policy since it had not begun canceled a year, yet, She reapplied, but was turned down because of pre-existing conditions. The conditions have been pre-existing for the last 30 years, yet now that’s the excuse given for denial.

That’s not the end of it. She was given the option to have a special personal policy. The pre-existing condition would be OK. Of course, it was nearly $4000 a month.

She was referenced to place to apply for group rate, comprised of self employed individuals (something we can do in WA state…new to me).
Regardless, she applied and was again denied because of her pre-existing condition.

The pre-existing condition? Thyroid issues, and even bad ones. She takes medication once a day. A months supply costs a little over #3. THREE DOLLARS, for Levothyroxine. That’s it.

She has no insurance and cannot get affordable insurance. We’re taking our chances.

I have great insurance. 100 per cent is paid by my employer. I have zero out of pocket expenses. There is zero deductible. All of my kids are covered. Yet, if I were to loose my job all that would be lost. Because we as a family have much more severe issues than just thyroid I’m pretty sure we’d have a difficult time getting insurance if we weren’t already covered. We are taking our chances as well, because if it wasn’t for my job we’d be SOL.

Can you not get your wife (more than significant other) on your policy?

I can get her on when and if we get married. I can not get her on as a significant other.

What’s stopping us? The kid’s and my ex-wife’s issues. She didn’t sign up for all that crap.

Bummer man. :disagree:

Health care and Health insurance are two different things. Get insurance companies out of health care. They don’t belong. Risk analysis has no place in health care. Much like it does not have a place in education. Like you would pay more for education because you have a pre-existing condition that prevents you from excelling at math. Public Option is the way to go. And without it, all they will accomplish is having the insurance companies stop their already illegal practices. That’s not health care reform. That’s just forcing those blood suckers to stop playing God AND breaking the law. And then it will just be a matter of time before their uncontrollable money lust starts all over again. This is the time to get them out. For good.

Quote: (sevenOfeleven @ Oct. 05 2009, 4:51 PM)

Health care and Health insurance are two different things. Get insurance companies out of health care. They don't belong. Risk analysis has no place in health care. Much like it does not have a place in education. Like you would pay more for education because you have a pre-existing condition that prevents you from excelling at math. Public Option is the way to go. And without it, all they will accomplish is having the insurance companies stop their already illegal practices. That's not health care reform. That's just forcing those blood suckers to stop playing God AND breaking the law. And then it will just be a matter of time before their uncontrollable money lust starts all over again. This is the time to get them out. For good.

Preach it Reverend! :agree: Saved me from "carrying on"...

D
Quote:

Risk analysis has no place in health care.

Not sure what to think of this. I like it but, isn't daily life basically 24 hours of risk analysis?