Timing

I am curious: does this happen all the time? Set up a metronome (you can use a keyboard) and record a couple of minutes of a slow click, about 60. Then record a second time without touching the metronome. Zoom in and carefully line up the “click” at the beginning of the files. Are they still lined up after two minutes?
Bax

Thanks for all the input my musical friends.I do not know if it does it all the time or not because this is the first song i have recorded.I think upgrading to a semi pro or pro card will do the trick.Again , it is only the rythem guitar track that lags behind the rest.And it was the first instrument i recorded.Why it is falling away , I have no idea.There are no fx whatsoever.It seems like my PC setup or creative audio card cant handle more than three tracks which I find hard to believe since it is a pretty powerful emachine.Anyway , if I find the solution , I will let everyone know.I’m going to try disabling my virus scan and non essential running background programs to see if that helps.Peace
TJ

You might want to check if your current song speed is set to x1.00. Look just to the left of the green playback speed adjusting slider. If it is not at x1.00, double-click over the green arrows to get the speed to snap back to x1.