Tom S

Question for you :slight_smile:

Hi Tom :)

If I remember right you have one or more Rode mics you are quite happy with. I was wondering if you could tell me which one(s) you have.

There is a sale on the NT1000 at a Sam Ash near my house, have you tried this one ? Do you like it ? I can get it for just under $ 300.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks Tom

P.S. You live in Texas right ? I live in San Antonio :)

Take Care Bud

Texas? Nope. Michigan!

I have an NT 5 pair, which are really great small condensors and sound just like you’d want them to sound; an NT3, which is a medium condensor, which has seen limited use, but I think is cool for drums, actually, and an NTK tube mic. The NTK is a work of beauty, and I’d get it over the 1000. Curiously enough, when I was down in Memphis last weekend and we visited Sun, which is still a working studio, they had Rode K2 mics all over the place. :D

Thanks Tom :D

I will be using the Rode almost exclusively for vocals.
Do you like the NTK in that application ?

Thanks Again,

Ted

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

YMMV of course, and IMHO, and every voice is different, and all that, so make sure you can take it back if you don’t like it. For vocals I have several LDC mics, including a Bluebird and several cheapies like MXL, and lots of dynamics, and a ribbon, and all have their uses (although the Bluebird was really sort of a disappointment, it just doesn’t leap out at one), but they all consistently get put aside for the NTK. It is just a step above other things in that price range. I got mine used for 350 USA dollars.

Thank You so much for your help Tom :D

Ted