Totally unproductive

:frowning:

Been writing garbage, but this is less like garbage than most of it:

http://cookiefinger.bandcamp.com/track/seriously-thinking

Sounding good at this end. TomS.
Crisp and clean. Love the vocal work and the general flow.

Well, thatā€™s not a good reflection on you, then, is it? :laugh:

Totally kidding, and thanks for the listens!!!

Hi TomS:

Ainā€™t those tracks placed nice across the spectrum, TonyRā€¦
You might not like the musical nature of the creativity, if thatā€™s what youā€™re referring toā€¦
BUTā€¦
the technical capture and mix (of the tracks) you have there, is spot-onā€¦ I hear the kick and bass, but if I were doing the mix theyā€™d be more in-your-faceā€¦
My bass bin is not playing at the level Iā€™d like to hear itā€¦
Everything else is fineā€¦ Do you hear it, that way????
ORā€¦
is it just me ?

Billā€¦

p.s. Not muchā€¦ mind youā€¦ just a littleā€¦ Maybe, itā€™s meā€¦ However, I hear the other songs that way, as wellā€¦ Must be meā€¦ :)

A close sampleā€¦
but not as good as your stuffā€¦ If your ā€œbottom endā€ could be as good as thisā€¦
Wellā€¦
you knowā€¦
????

The kick-and-bassā€¦

Billā€¦

I donā€™t know why I am unable to fix that Maritime Express/CookieFinger Page to load those six songs to look like your album pageā€¦
I must be doin something not rightā€¦ It ainā€™t hard for me to doā€¦ :)
:p
:laugh:

Billā€¦

[EDIT Again]
Maybe, itā€™s just the missing edge of the kick, making it (your stuff), sound that way, over hereā€¦
???

No, youā€™re right, Bill, the kick is not really good. But you remember how bad I was not all that long ago, and weā€™ve both been on this board for 10 years or soā€¦I really am just no good at mixing, and Iā€™m pretty darn tickled with how far Iā€™ve come. Anyway, I always appreciate your comments! Itā€™s been nearly impossible to get recording and writing time lately. Kids out of school, they want vacations and camp and stuff. So I think Iā€™ve been on the road about 3 days out of each of the last three weeks. Ugh. :)

Again, thanks for the listens! Iā€™m just getting ready for the 50/90 challenge again.

Quote: (TomS @ Jul. 11 2010, 10:58 PM)

No, you're right, Bill, the kick is not really good.
But you remember how bad I was not all that long ago, and we've both been on this board for 10 years or so...I really am just no good at mixing, and I'm pretty darn tickled with how far I've come.
Anyway, I always appreciate your comments!
It's been nearly impossible to get recording and writing time lately.
Kids out of school, they want vacations and camp and stuff.
So I think I've been on the road about 3 days out of each of the last three weeks.
Ugh.
:)

Again, thanks for the listens!
I'm just getting ready for the 50/90 challenge again.

I went to that 50/90 challenge page and had a peek, while your songs were playing..
The first thing that came to mind was you and spreadercraig..

I don't know how you do it..
But, i KNOW, it sure exercises the creative mind.. One song a day..
EH ?

I'd have to say, the day you went to that Tascam Audio Hardware was the day that (hey..
I'm searching for the right adjective).. you display your creativity.. That don't cover it..
BUT..
You know..
:agree:

Bill..

Thanks, Bill!!! I just realize Iā€™m getting older, and Iā€™ve lost most of the inhibitions I had when I worried about other people judging me negatively! Quite liberating. :agree:

I have noticed that Tony shares my attitude. Tony Rocks. :agree:

You want brave - gimme a few hours of actual n-T time to finish 'this' baby off?

TomS. How you create and exorcise with such rapidity is astounding!? I've got about thirty five complete tunes to show (that I like) for a life's-worth of tryin'.
I need to speed-up.

I just write crap. Thatā€™s my great secret. But each piece of crap has one feature in it that I like. Oddly, some other people donā€™t think it is all crap. I figure they are crazy. Just bash it out, Tony.

I once, long ago, read an interview with Beatle Paul, who said that he and John sat down and wrote 100 songs, just to get practice writing. One of them is bound to be good. Lemme see if I can find the interview.

I am rather honored that you think that any of my stuff is worth listening to at all, incidentally.

Is it something like the Saturday Yard Sales ????

People go up-and-down the neighbourhood streetsā€¦
You see traffic on Saturdays that you never see any other dayā€¦
People are out seeing whatā€™s at the end of the drivewaysā€¦

People have this sayingā€¦

Whatā€™s trash to some people is treasure to othersā€¦

People have this amazing gift of putting words togetherā€¦
while others can assemble musical notes to the words and treasure happensā€¦
Anyone who listens to the result takes something different from the creationā€¦ while others think they can do-it-betterā€¦

It just continuesā€¦ :)

Billā€¦

We may have just uncovered a new biofuel source here. :laugh:

I am personally addicted to yard sales, and resale shops, and all of that. A couple of days ago I bought a Swiss Made Tourneau watch for 20 bucks, e.g. One of their corporate watches, not quite the 5K watch, but stillā€¦20 USA dollars! Iā€™m wearing it at this moment, but Iā€™m sort of afraid of scratching it. :)

I keep hoping to find the 57 strat of my dreamsā€¦so I can make more biofuel for Flanders. :laugh: Flint is big into biofuel, you know, Flandy friend. Seriously. Swedish biogas. Apparently there is a lot of crap around here to harvest. :agree:

hehe..
That's a BiG Gotcha..

Around here, some of the shore-road stretches puts on yard sales..
e.g.
A twenty mile stretch of road..
everybody puts something out on yard sale day..
It blocks up the whole road.. You'd never know just what might be going on a road-sale-day..
Broken printers, out-dated computers, CRT monitors, AKG mics and headphones, Fender Amps, Jazz Basses..
You Know..
???

Bill..
Quote: (TomS @ Jul. 13 2010, 12:38 PM)

I am personally addicted to yard sales, and resale shops, and all of that.
A couple of days ago I bought a Swiss Made Tourneau watch for 20 bucks, e.g.
One of their corporate watches, not quite the 5K watch, but still...20 USA dollars!
I'm wearing it at this moment, but I'm sort of afraid of scratching it.

I keep hoping to find the 57 strat of my dreams...so I can make more biofuel for Flanders.
Flint is big into biofuel, you know, Flandy friend.
Seriously.
Swedish biogas.
Apparently there is a lot of crap around here to harvest.

wot it is biogas?.
:peace:

HORACE, ARENā€™T YOU FROM SWEDEN?