Tracks not synching

synch problem

Hi everyone…need a hand here. I have read most of the posts that I can find on here regarding synching tracks but the answer still eludes me.

I recently downloaded the newest version and have tried to record but it seems that the tracks are not synching. I have used Ntrack for quite a while now and have never had this problem.

I have been dinking around in settings trying to find a solution but no improvement as of this post.

Any ideas on resolving this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Hi Dacuco. One of the wizards will awaken.
Just a thought - have you ‘restored’ defaults?

Quote: (dacuco @ Jan. 03 2010, 3:14 PM)

Hi everyone...need a hand here. I have read most of the posts that I can find on here regarding synching tracks but the answer still eludes me.

I recently downloaded the newest version and have tried to record but it seems that the tracks are not synching. I have used Ntrack for quite a while now and have never had this problem.

I have been dinking around in settings trying to find a solution but no improvement as of this post.

Any ideas on resolving this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Could be any number of things.

You say this did not happen before so obviously something has changed that is most likely causing it.

I like Tonys suggesting of restoring defaults, (especially if you did any tinckering and might have inadvertently fixed one problem but gained another)

"not syncing" is a bit vague, do you mean the playback sounds out of sync or when you zoom in on the timeline the actual tracks themselves are not in sync (one could be caused by one thing, the other by another)

FOr instance, if you have a previously recorded click track or beat, then you record another below it you can zoom in and look at the beats and see if they line up, if it is a lag issue the new track will gradually grow longer than the first with the beats a bit further apart than the first.
However if the beats LOOK the same (or look in sync) but it SOUNDS off tempo when you play them both that could be caused by a number of other things.

In the event it is lag (which may have been caused by new settings implemented in the newer version either by Windows or Ntrack) check a few things.
1. Make sure the program is set to Highest priority.
2. Make sure the sampling frequency is set to what your computer can handle. (to whatever you had it on when you didn't have sync problems)
3. Make sure your timing is set to "wav." and not system timer.
4. make sure all other non essential programs are shut down before recording.

Although the previous version of Ntrack may have worked on your system without lag/delay/out of synce tracks while you ran other programs at the same time this version may have some strange conflict with one of those proggies.
If you try all these things and still have problems give us a bit more info and we will try and see what else it could be, info like how much RAM you are using, processor speed, hardrive speed, O.S. hardware you are using etc etc

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Hi and thanks for your help…I am headed off now to check the things you listed above. What it’s doing is, I have a rhythm guitar track recorded and am adding a vocal track. When I listen to the playback it sounds like the two tracks are synched for the first little bit and then slowly become out of synch. Wierd

Not sure if that makes it any clearer but thanks for sharing you expertise.

Increase buffer speed, when you downloaded the newest version it probably reset it to a lower speed that you need to not have lag.

it definitely sounds like lag to me, since it starts out ok…then gradually gets out of sync…

keep shinin

If you haven’t already, take a look at the manual (http://ntrack.com/n-Track_Manual.pdf), section 5.4.Sync & lag issues.
There is some stuff there about this that might help you.

Also, Please see if the track speed settings are set at exactly 1.0x on the global song speed setting in the upper right part of the transport toolbar and on each track properties box.

Thanks guys…I reset the defaults and it’s working fine. This is a great forum and you all make it so!

Coool :laugh:

PS. Dacuco. Let’s keep it that way. Brush-up on n-T and join in the fun :agree:

I’d like to add a related note on this issue where I was getting a one frame delay in tracks I was adding and having to change the offset to 0.00.-1 to put them in sync. It turns out that using bluetooth headphones was my problem. It was delaying the playback I was listen to and resulted in me having to change the offset.

bluetooth :disagree:

keep shinin