Tune to Critique

throw thee stones

Hey Kidz

Here’s a reggae tune (or ragu, as my mother once said).
Please critique.
By the way, the lead singer has already been axed!
:agree:

click-click here!

Thanks!
Jimothy

At first listen, the mix sounds pretty good. If I have to pick on something, it would be the instruments. Are they all virtual instruments? Seriously… during the intro I was having video game flashbacks to 1981. Maybe check out some better VSTi’s or Soundfonts or something?

Nice job though… keep it up!

D

That’s cool. Wonder how many will get the pun in the title? I really like “voice of reason.” Different lead singer? Enter that in the song contest!

:agree:

Yes, all non-guitar sounds are done on a lousy old Yamaha keyboard.
I need to go to MIDI, I’m still in the dark ages.

Yes Tom, Voice of Reason is written and sung by my daughter Noel Thrasher, who’s a singer/songwriter.
I plan to enter a few of her tunes in the contest. She gets played on the NPR/Pacifica radio here all the time.

I did this David Bowie cover a few months back, Noel sings the ending part.

man who sold the world

Quote: (jimothy60 @ May 16 2008, 9:31 PM)

Yes, all non-guitar sounds are done on a lousy old Yamaha keyboard. I need to go to MIDI, I'm still in the dark ages.

You owe it to your music to start exploring virtual instruments. There are some FREE or cheap instruments that sound fabbo compared to err... for example, MY cheezy Yamaha PSR-XXX keyboard.

You got good musical stuff happnin' dude. Check out the better tones out there... :)

D

Thanks Dio, I agree, it’s time to take it to the next level there. :)