Twenty Years

new song

New song, well new for you guys…

if your interested in reviewing PM me for link. (friends only)
:whistle:

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

can I comment on it here? ???

Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 03 2010, 7:38 PM)

can I comment on it here?
???

Shure!

This seems the logical place to have comments about the song.... :)

keep shinin

I didn’t particularly care for it. :disagree:

I’d like to have a link please hun :;):

ange, he said you had to PM him. :)

Jeremy, everything you do gets better and better. Particularly effective is dropping the drums when the vocal comes in. Also the doubled voice is a good idea.

Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 04 2010, 7:28 AM)

ange, he said you had to PM him.
:)

Jeremy, everything you do gets better and better.
Particularly effective is dropping the drums when the vocal comes in.
Also the doubled voice is a good idea.

cool, I was unsure about the double voice I usually get the opposite opinion about that effect in my songs, but I guess it works in this one.

Jeremy, everything you do gets better and better.

Yeah I keep hearing that! a few songs ago (All the way or Temple) someone told me that it was leagues better than anything else I have done, now yet another small step for jeremy kind!

As far as the beat going out, I thought about that and wanted there to be a classical calm moment there with the cello...point to ponder kinda thing, I am glad someone appreciated that effort and agreed it was a good idea.(I had a drummer do a track for this but he played all the way through and it didn't sound as dramatic)
This was entered into the IRC in the pop genre, my real first endeavor into the Pop genre, can you hear the Smiths influence there?

keep shinin

Smiths? Well, no, but that doesn’t mean it’s not there. I heard something else, but can’t quite put my finger on it. lemme think…

Hmm…

Well, while I’m thinking: how were these drums done, then?

Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 04 2010, 11:55 AM)

Smiths?
Well, no, but that doesn't mean it's not there.
I heard something else, but can't quite put my finger on it.
lemme think...

Hmm...

Well, while I'm thinking: how were these drums done, then?

Well if it does not sound like someone you can point out right away that may be a good thing....like it's almost original! Yeah!
:D

I used a Zoom PS-04 Palmtop Studio I picked up on Ebay for $50 used, but in good condition, that was put into the Soundcraft and M-audio410 interface I had at the time.
I would have used Midi and/or my GNX4 drum machine but just find the Palm Studio is easier to dial up the various beats with and has nice files for each beat and has good fills, plus I take it to work with me and sit in the truck on my breaks and work out various beats on it so if I get an idea during the day I can work it out while it is fresh and then save it, plus I think the beats are more hip on the PS-04....best $50 bucks I ever spent, at least for samples.

PS...I did PM ange the file download link.....So tell them Tom, is it worth asking for?

keep shinin

I like the effect on the vocals alot, the overall sound works really well, great feeeling track, great stuff. thanks for sharing it with me :;):

Quote:

ange, he said you had to PM him.

Tom… :p
:laugh:

Glad you likey!

the verdict is in! two yay’s, one meh,…and the yay’s have it, democracy in action! :)

keep shinin

oh, when flanders says “meh” it’s really a compliment.

tru DAT tru DAT. …sorry, got ADAT’s on the mind… :laugh:

I didn’t know he really said “meh” how ironic…as I don’t read the dribble if I don’t have to, and well, fact is, I don’t… ???

keep shinin

Dude no public link? ???

Quote: (spreadercraig @ Jan. 07 2010, 5:14 PM)

Dude no public link?
???

Sorry....too many trolls around lately and this is for friends only.

PM sent.

keep shinin

Well it’s a YAY from me!! :agree:

It reminds me of an older one of yours that I said sounded like Jack Johnson. Very cool.