Two for Friday

I will continue to inflict pain on you

Today’s silliness - two of them:

"UPS is Here!

and

"You’ll Feel Fine"

Both filled with deep truths, fine moral messages, and pointless protests against stupidity. :D

Available for free download now! Enjoy, but don’t listen!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=643221

Great songs and great production (at least on my headphones) as usual. I like the “So you wanna be a rock’n’roll star” quote in the solo on UPS Is Here… :)

Do you generally double guitar parts and pan left/right? I imagine that’s how you get that spacious sound…

Was the quote that obvious? Gee, I’ve got a 12 strong, and the chords are A and G… :D

Double? Not exactly, I hack out two parts that are more or less sort of the same but ufually on different guitars. I like lots of guitars. I once tried 20 or so. Hmm. Gonna do that again. One big mass of sound.

Thanks for the nice comment, and thanks for listening! (Although I think the production sucks, but what d’ya expect for a couple of hours in a crappy little basement studio?) (Just wait till I get my new preamps…soon, sooooonnn…)

Eyup!

I don’t think the production sucks Tom, I like the feel you get. It would probably disappear if you did a “proper” job.
It usually does with mine anyway :D

I also like the idea of 20 guitars…

Steve

That’s exactly it, Beefy. I find that if I either get it down right away, or I work on it for about 10 years, it can have a certain something that makes it at least worth listening to. But if I work on it for a few weeks, it dies. I think in the first case, when I just sort of slap it down, it works better (if not well) because I’m just feeling it, and if I work on a song for a decade, I have deliberated so long that I have come to know its essence, but if I spend any amount of time in between, I don’t get the feeling I can and I don’t know the essence of the song.

Quote (TomS @ April 13 2007,17:49)
Today's silliness - two of them:

"UPS is Here!

and

"You'll Feel Fine"

Both filled with deep truths, fine moral messages, and pointless protests against stupidity. :D

Available for free download now! Enjoy, but don't listen!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=643221

Very Good Tom but i think you really got a hit with If I only had a Brain , that is absolutely hilarious and it is extremely good.
Without getting political i think it is probably true about world leaders in general.

:laugh:

Have to agree with Danny. ‘Brain’ is brilliant Tom. I’m sure that it could be a hit also. Great release in the run up to the election :D

Cheers,

Ian

Quote (Bruffie @ April 15 2007,22:51)
Have to agree with Danny. ‘Brain’ is brilliant Tom. I’m sure that it could be a hit also. Great release in the run up to the election :D

Cheers,

Ian

Huh? I believe it will be an evergreen. :cool:

What - you think there’s a correlation between being a wordl leader and being a nitwit? :D

Thanks for the comments guys - most of the idea for th brain adaptation came from a fellow musician in Madison, Scott Olson, when we were playing at a biker bar in Green Bay and ran out of material and he started playing that pretty much with that arrangement and then the beer filled guys in back started singing along…most memorable moment…

Quote (TomS @ April 16 2007,11:31)
What - you think there’s a correlation between being a wordl leader and being a nitwit? :D

Thanks for the comments guys - most of the idea for th brain adaptation came from a fellow musician in Madison, Scott Olson, when we were playing at a biker bar in Green Bay and ran out of material and he started playing that pretty much with that arrangement and then the beer filled guys in back started singing along…most memorable moment…

TomS

ME
I would like to find a diplomatic way of answering this before i do.
Oh gee did i just make a Bush quote ? LOL!

Ok now don’t any Bush fans jump on me and cut me to pieces i didn’t come here to fight.
In his favor I will say yes I think he has plenty of company.

TomS

Me Again

Well when it is good it is good and that song is exceptional!
That is interesting info on it and i think many good songs are written on the spur of the moment.

:D

Hey Danny - thanks for putting that song on your station!

Quote (TomS @ April 20 2007,08:37)
Hey Danny - thanks for putting that song on your station!

Hey Tom thanks for doing it so i could.

:cool: :cool: :D :cool: :cool:

Danny