Two new ones, no drums, just acoustic:

:slight_smile:

An Irishman Goes to China:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8187802

Falling Down is Not So Hard For Me:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8187803

I should mention that on Irishman in China the weird sound is a dulcimer made out of wood from packing crates…

I love the name of the new album! All the dubs worked, Fallin Down came out great, nice vocals, Irishman might have a hiccup or two but nice tune, I like the style you’re doing here. :agree:

Falling Down is Not So Hard For Me:

I love this, it’s just awesome. love the pace, it’s motion and the feel of it, the harmonies are great and i love the arrangemant, it’#s just superb :agree:

I have a new favorite TomS song. Falling Down…yeah what a great tune

Yup! They’re crackin’!

Hey - you know what? It’s better not to play to a click track! Hiccups and all!

Thanks for the listens and the very kinds comments! :agree:

Yeah…Falling Down is a superb piece Tom (and I thought you would be all ‘songed out’) Voices and Mando are excellent. This is a great piece of composition and nicely produced in every way. Great, great song!! :agree:

Woah…Irishman goes to China is a very cleverly written piece. Your production nowadays is superb.

By the way: They’re both too short :laugh:

:agree:

I don’t think they are too short - in fact they seem about perfect to me. I wish I could write songs so precise! :)

'til later;
tony w

I’m with ange on fallin down, has a ton of potential.
Also curious to know how long it took you to write and record this.

Quote: (Levi @ Oct. 09 2009, 3:00 PM)

I'm with ange on fallin down, has a ton of potential.
Also curious to know how long it took you to write and record this.

Total about 2.5 hours.
Quote: (wynot @ Oct. 09 2009, 8:41 AM)

I don't think they are too short - in fact they seem about perfect to me. I wish I could write songs so precise! :)

'til later;
tony w

Thing is, once the idea has been fully stated, why lengthen it? There is a great recording of Bernstein discussing Beethovan's various endings for the 5th - and the one he finally settled on was the shortest one...

I can’t stop playing “falling…” it’s so great, so well written and i love the jovial playing. you could play that song with a couple friends in a corner booth at a pub or on stage in front of 5,000 people. i’m supposed to be getting ready for my own small acoustic set tonight, plus the main gig tomorrow morning, but i can’t stop listening to this!

incognito

Aw, shucks again. Knock 'em dead tonight, JDET!

thanks man. the main one’s this morning at 11:30, but since we’re our own roadies (of course) report time is 7am. that’s about a half hour from now. time to give the boy some cereal and then we’re off.

2.5 hrs.?
Amazing.
Why do I say that?
Takes me that long just to check the spelling of my lyrics :laugh:

Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 09 2009, 3:30 PM)

Quote: (wynot @ Oct. 09 2009, 8:41 AM)

I don't think they are too short - in fact they seem about perfect to me. I wish I could write songs so precise! :)

'til later;
tony w

Thing is, once the idea has been fully stated, why lengthen it?
There is a great recording of Bernstein discussing Beethovan's various endings for the 5th - and the one he finally settled on was the shortest one...

I believe that Chuck Berry took the exact same approach :agree:

Stop blushing, Tom. Take it like a man - you’re smokin’!

Falling is a corker!

Quote: (Levi @ Oct. 10 2009, 2:39 PM)

2.5 hrs.?
Amazing.
Why do I say that?
Takes me that long just to check the spelling of my lyrics :laugh:

Well, Ive herd your smeling is nun 2 gud.
I mean speling.

Thanks Tony!