Up-de-date

Folk Awards!

Hello me lovelies :)

Sorry to be so elusive lately, but thigs are still moving along nicely. Baby is well and i’m getting really fat! oh and…

I entered a folk competition (Isambard Nu-Folk Awards) being run by Bristol Folk Festival, basically they were looking for new talent.

… and I’m now in the final five acts! We’re playing against each other this Tomorrow night at the 60th annual Inter-Varsity Folk Dance Festival at Bristol University. We finalists are the main act on the main stage on the Saturday night… so there should be a pretty big audience!

How cool is that!? Just me and my liccle guitar and I’m up against: No Fixed Abode (a duo), Under the Driftwood Tree (a five piece band), Owl in the Sun (a six piece band) and Sumudu (another girl and guitar).

We’re being judged on the night, and one of us is going to go through to play at the Bristol Folk Festival in front of an audience of THOUSANDS!!!

Really… really… really… scary!

Go Ange…

That’s fantastic.

:agree:

Great stuff, Ange. Mike Harding covers this event so you will doubtless be beamed out of Radio2 to boot. I’ll listen forward to that.

Hi ange:

Good-for-You…
:)

Ya know, good things happen to hard working, talented and creative entertainers that want to continue working in the business…
Just do the things that you share well with your audiences…
No one else can do the entertaining like you do, when you’re in front of the mic sharing what you do with your audience…

Eye contact with them and make it look EASY…

Their energy will come back to you…

You’ll do O.K.

Bill…

Knock 'em dead, Ange. :agree:

It was a tough gig! I was the only solo artist, there was little old me against 3 full bands and one duet!

these guys won

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8P4NkQSKiU

being that it was a ‘folk’ award, I was a little gutted they won, as they are not really all that folk and an aweful lot more mainstream commercial…but…they are really very good!

I did my best and will not give up…top 5 for an award is a good start for my first competition :)

Thanks for your support.

Ange x

When you go into competitions like this you are lettin it all hang out… Their parents are rich… and… loaded with money…
I watched that link of those guys…
These guys have been in the business for some time…
They may have been there for more visibility…
I’d say these guys have much private enterprise support…
I’d say they were doing that and may be beneath themselves for being there…

ya gotta start off as millionaires to get to the top, these days…

Anyway, I didn’t like that guy’s bass or their guitars or the studio they recorded that video clip in…
So There…
:p
:laugh:

I liked the drum kit that girl was playin, on…

Bill…