UPDATE Loop Browser takes too long too load

The loop browser takes forever too load if your loading your own sample folders, I have a huge sample folder there should be a better and faster way that doesn’t take as long other than that I have to pick each folder one by one.

1 Like

Hello Merril,

what do you mean by “huge” sample folder? How much space does it take?
What exactly happens when loading samples? Does the entire UI freeze or just the loop browser takes too long to show the files?

Andrea

1 Like

My sample folders is about 300GB and when I add it to My folder in the loop browser it takes a very long time to load so i think that it may be scanning all the folders inside, so maybe you all can create something like path directory that points directly at users folders.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.
We’ll try to improve the feature in a future release of the app.

Andrea

1 Like

Thanks for the update; you all listened. The loop browser loads super fast now. But the search bar isn’t giving very good results, like when I searched for hi-hats with the all tab selected, which had 0 results. Also, in the search bar right-hand corner icon, when selecting the key scale, it’s showing about 30 rows of only the C scale. I’m quite sure that’s a bug.

1 Like

The loop browser now allows the user folders navigation while indexing those folders files in background. Because of this you cannot use search tags until the indexing finishes.
In the next build we’ll improve the start/stop indexing visual feedback.
Regarding the textual search bar and we’ll add setting that you can change from the context menu which appears clicking on the funnel icon next to the search bar.
Enabling that setting, you can search for a file name in the currently displayed files list. Otherwise, when that setting is disabled, the search bar is applied to the “All” filter, which won’t include the user files until the indexing finishes.

Andrea

1 Like