Upgrade Install Question

How to answer preference question

Hey Folks,

I know this should be obvious but I have to ask.
When I upgrade to a new version of N and it says it found a previous configuration file am I supposed to say yes to have N use the pre-existing configuration file?

Every time I say yes, I have to go into preferences and reset the drive and path to where I want the projects stored and or created? So what is the correct answer when N asks that question. Just a small annoyance but it seems to always default to my C: Drive which is not where I want it to go.

Thanks for the answer though I feel like a dummy asking it. ???

it just depends on your comfort level with re-setting your preferences and all. I usually click no and then redo my prefs.

If I remember, it was back in the early versions/builds of v5 (maby, in the later builds of v4) that Flavio removed the paths in the preferences when updating the builds…

The default path that Flavio chose is C:/my documents/my music
I think it was because that most users had only one hard drive and that was the logical place to store music project files…

For the remainder of us that use multiple hard drives it became an issue to have to go searching for where our current projects are stored…
at update time…

It might be nice for those of us that have multiple hard drives if Flavio could construct a menu in that part of preferences that could be set that would remove searching for drives-and-folders for projects at build update time…

Once set, it would be very few times that multiple drive users would ever have to go searching for where our projects are stored at “Build Update” time…

Bill…

[EDIT]

I’m gonna say thank you to Flavio for addressing the area in perferences that set the use of multible editors with-in n-Track…
Many of us use more than one Editor withing n-Track…
I use at least two some of us use three-or-four Editors…
Now we can open more than one editor at one time without closing any of the editors while working-with and grooming individual tracks on the timeline…

Lou…

I’ve been upgrading since vers 4. I always “keep the existing settings(configuration)” when upgrading. It hasn’t failed me yet.

Whether you’re supposed to do that or not, I don’t know. And I do use multiple drives and custom folders on my WinXP sp3 machine. N-Tracks has always kept all my personal display preferences and my custom paths.