Upgrading from v6

Hi there,

Not been around here much recently, but wanting to get my system back up and running and considering updating my version of nTrack. Anyone able to confirm whether there is an upgrade path/cost available for those of us who last registered version 6 rather than 7, or am I stuck with basically starting again with a full purchase of v8?

Many thanks,
DaveC

Ya there was a cut off date for v7, I think you’ll need to pay.

The program has seen many changes and the 64 bit version is very stable at least for me it is.

PACO

Quote: (Paco572 @ Apr. 06 2016, 1:29 AM)

Ya there was a cut off date for v7, I think you'll need to pay.

The program has seen many changes and the 64 bit version is very stable at least for me it is.

PACO

Thanks for your reply.

I realise I will need to pay. It's just disappointing that having used and upgraded the program for years, going all the way back to 2.x, I have to go back and pay full price again because I have been away from recording for a little while and missed v7. Most of the chargeable software I use allows upgrade pricing for upgrading from any previous version, not just the most recent one.

Now I need to decide whether it is worth spending the dough or sticking with v6.

DaveC

Yes, I could only find the upgrade from 7. That could be a change, but I really don’t know. The new version 8 (and 7) are in 32 bit or 64 bit and really do have a lot of changes. I guess it depends on what you want to do with the software as ver 6 should still run fine on Windors 7 system and you can download previous versions if you have not go the last ver 6 build. I can understand your disappointment at having to pay more. You might want to download the verion 8 in demo mode and try it out/compare it to what you have. You will probably bit the bullet and buy it. It will still be cheaper than changing to a different program and your old files will run on it.

DaveC,

the upgrade offer (http://ntrack.com/upgrade) is valid coming from any pre-v8 version.
It was always meant to be this way but for some reason the wording on the upgrade page come out incorrect. I’ve just fixed it so now it says “Upgrade from v7 or earlier to v8”.

Flavio.

DaveC. As the upgrade/
£$ situation is now clear, why not try V7 (7.1.2 - 3277) first/for now - particularly if you’re a midi user.