V5 Launch..

Getting Close…

Hi n-Trackers:
For any of you guys that are keeping current with updating the latest builds…

It looks like Version 5 is almost ready to go…

Flavio has a new logo image that flashes when you launch build 2126…

She’s look’in pretty good from where I see it…

Bill…

I like it so far. The only requests I’ve got at this point are to have an option to have the mixers and EQ screens “nest” into the background. I hate moving the eq around a plugin and having it integrate into the screen. I just want to move the stupid thing.

And on a skinning note… :) If we could change the knobs I’d be all set. Right now the faders use a picture which can be changed, but the rotary knobs don’t seem to have a file as such. That’s of course just an aesthetic desire.

I spent all day in the studio bringing both Dual-Boot Machines (P-4 and P-111) up to operating system current configuration dates… Antivirus and Windows updates… Both machines and desks (XP Home and '98SE) now have build 2126 installed on them.

I have sync’d the files of this “Test Project” I’ve been using on each DAW so the tracks don’t have to be streamed through the LAN or Cat 5 cable on the network setup…

I have attempted to config n-Track on each desk, as close-as-possible but there are slight Graphics differences on each desk and I am unsure how the graphics cards interpret the video information on the different DAW’s of each “Desk”…

For Example… The P-111 800 mhz intel 256meg ram with the Matrox G-450 card… '98SE Desk…

I am unable to re-size the Tracks area to the Left-Hand side of the time-line… If I right-click on any of the track’s area,… a pop-up menu appears where the track’s information appears… to configure what appears in that area… But, it should be able to be “Dragged” to any size… That doesn’t happen on the P-111 '98SE Desk… I have some Print-screens of some of these issues… However, that’s not very important on this Machine/Desk… I am able to work-around this … I think…

Also… If you have the time-line extended to show the “Horizontal” “Scroll-bar” where you can slide the .wav file to a point on the the song/track… The “Scroll-Bar” appears in “BLACK”… not visible… or unable to see scroll-bar to slide the time-line… If the time-line was extended to it’s maximum… you wouldn’t know where to position the cursor to drag the scroll bar…

On all n-Track desks, I have the “Skins” adjusted to “Windows” colours…

The “SCRUB” on this machine seems to work perfectly… Both XP and '98SE desks… There are slight differences on the other machines and desks and their ability to “SCRUB”… It still may be my ability to use the mouse… correctly… maybe, ???

On the P-4 '98SE Desk…

F-12 and the Pause Button starts the Time-line from the beginning of the song… It doesn’t matter how I’ve tried to find a work-around… NO-GO… Always, the same result… And… it “KILLS” the audio from the “Effects Returns”…

I describe it this way… cause I believe Flavio has been working on how the transport “Repros” the audio when the transport buttons are used…

Push the “Space-Bar” to stop-and-start the time-line/repro… this acts as the “Pause Button”… and the Audio response is “Post-Effects”… This is GREAT… Works -Just-Fine… In my opinion… Push the space-bar again and the time-line starts from where it left-off… Super… But the Pause button or F-12 key always starts the time-line from the beginning of the song… ??? ???

There are a few other minor----minor details… I didn’t get to make a big bunch of notes regarding what they are and how they preform… That would be quite time consuming… to describe these details. It may be the way the machines and video cards behave on the operating systems and machines. Who knows?

I have some print-screens to post on how n-Track looks on these operating systems and DAW’s…

Bill…

Hi guitars69:
I’m awe-struck by this beta version v5… It isn’t gonna be very tough for me to move into this version…

You see… I’ve never used any other editor so n-Track is all I know… I’ve had no other editor to act as a “Crutch”… Maybe good… maybe bad… Who knows… :O ???

I notice on the '98SE Desks I have…

When I navigate to the “Windows” tool-bar to command a “Drop-down” menu… the n-Track desk “LOCKS” up… If I do a Cont-Alt-Delete and close n-Track that appears to be the only way I can regain control of the operating system…

Could that be a “BUG”… ? I hope Flavio checks the thread I have going … here…

[EDIT]
I forgot to say… If I navigate to the n-Track tool-bar the n-Track desk does not “Lock-up”… But not all of the commands appear on the n-Track tool-bars… at least, I don’t think they do… ?? Like… About and Register… That sort of thing…

Later tonight I’ll post some print screens of what it looks like on those studio DAW’s…

Bill…

Hi All:
I got some Print-Screen Images Posted…

This first screen shows the Studio P-4 XP-Desk…

The windows Task-Bar is visible just under the Transport bar… However, it’s “Blacked Out” because of the “Background Colour”… I know it’s there… so that no big deal… I just have to “Mouse” for the drop-down I want…

Also…

Under the time-line… You’ll see the task-bar that should show the CPU Usage and Latency specs. It’s “Blacked-Out”… as well… If you look close at it you can barely make something out…

The next image shows the time-line in Pause… You’ll see thew CPU Usage for the timeline that’s being played…

If only I could get the Taskbar background colour lightened up… to show the windows taskbar…

Normally, I would use “Enditall” to close any running apps in the background… But, It’s not causing any bottlenecks… SO…

If you look to the left-hand side of the Time-line you’ll see the Channel’s Task-Bar in the minimized position… … I don’t have a screen shot of the P-111’s '98SE desk… But I am unable to minimize that toolbar… It’s unable to be re sized… It occupies about 1/3 of the monitor’s screen… I am unable to make the timeline occupy all of the area of the Monitor’s screen…

The next image is from the '98SE P-4 desk…

The timeline is paused and then n-Track is minimized to the window’s DESK/Taskbar… The when n-Track to maximized to the DESK again… This is what the n-Track desk looks like… There are no .npk files on the timeline… But if I remember, the files play when the play button is pushed… and the timeline moves across the timeline… but… NO NPK Files…

As well… You can see the Windows Taskbar on the '98SE Desk is now at the very top of the screen… No big deal… But… it would be nice if the windows taskbar could be moved to the position just under the Transport buttons…

When I played with the “SCRUB” on the studio P-111 machine I found that it works just great… on both desks… XP and '98SE… If I mentioned that before , I’ll say it aging… GREAT…

I also found some Keyboard commands… I’m learning as fast as I can and trying to get away from this “MOUSE”…

You guys may already know these keys… But “ctrl” and “left” arrow will move the timeline from right-to-left… Now… if there was another key that could be pressed to make the audio play and make the timeline “SCRUB”… then I’d be all for that…

Then-and-After getting a handle on that… It would be nice to be able to “Quick-Key” different resolutions of “Scrub”… e.g. To be able to FSAT scrub… and slower speeds of … by say inputting a number fro 1-9 … 1 being very slow, or lo res. and 9 being very fast… or hi res. Or vise-verse… My creative mind is going all to #### with itself…

Sorry gents… :O ???

Bill…