Varia's latest - help me n-trackers!

hey all, i’ve nearly finished varia’s latest recording “When we were in love”. Check it out;

https://soundcloud.com/#monstasonix/when-we-were-in-love-nerly

i am finally getting the hang of this recording lark. only thing now is to be able to put a bit more time into the recording process but who knows if that’s possible.

now a couple of problems;

1. I want to fade this song out but the fade out isn’t working on n-track. i select the fade out portion and hit the fade out icon, nothing different! help!

2. I want to try a de-esser on the vocals in parts. n-track doestnt seem to have this plugin. any recommendations on free ones on the net?

hope you enjoy the song! turn it up!

Hi, Monsta. I’d wait until you’ve done a pre-mastered stereo mix of the track before you fade it. Import the mix into a new project and drag/select the outro area of the track and Then hit the fade button. If you select the Volume Envelope feature whilst fading, you’ll notice that the Vol Draw line drops to zero.
n-Track Vocal has a usable de-esser.

all right! Tony R to the rescue! :) yeah i will give the nVocal de-esser a go tommorow when I have some time. also, i did that with the fade out and the volume draw line does drop to zero but when i play it back it doesn’t fade. maybe because i have the mastering compressor on it? wouldn’t have thought so but i will go back and see if I can get that to work. never had problems on previous versions of n so should be able to work it out.

otherwise i am pretty happy with the mix and sound so that will probably be it for this song.

Quote: (TonyR @ Jan. 01 2013, 5:01 PM)

Hi, Monsta. I'd wait until you've done a pre-mastered stereo mix of the track before you fade it.
Import the mix into a new project and drag/select the outro area of the track and Then hit the fade button. If you select the Volume Envelope feature whilst fading, you'll notice that the Vol Draw line drops to zero.
n-Track Vocal has a usable de-esser.

ok that didnt work.

i have selected the area i want the fade out on, selected fade out. when i get it to draw the volume envelope it DOES linearly fade to -inf over the desired range, but the volume doesnt actually reduce! when i mix it down its the same volume (no fade) all the way to end.

this is driving me nuts now!