Version 4.0.4 is out of Beta!

Flavio has been grinding out fixes…

Maybe I can put it through the wringer tonight. I must say though, it has been GOOD so far! I have sent in a few bug reports and Flavio has smacked 'em all down pretty darn quick!

n-Track ROCKS!!!

TG – Not thinking about SONAR as much these days…

So far I’ve found 4.04 to be quite usable and stable, although I’ve only be doing “light duties”. I’ve got a friend coming round tomorrow night when we need to work it a bit harder… guess we’ll find out then!

I’m really pleased with the new features.

As well as all the other goodies, I’ve been playing with Rewire just recently to sync to Fruity. (I’ve got one of the low end versions of FL that doesn’t allow the Vst to be loaded in N). Rewire support is great.

Did I say I’m really enjoying the new features?

Thanks Flavio

Mark

Hey Flavio?
V4.0.4 build 1768 Is acting very stable, thanks for the corrections!! Nice!
Tom

Maybe it’s time for me to take the plunge. I only have one project in the works right now, and I can always save to revert. I paid some time ago, but haven’t yet had the need to install the new one.

To me, the new features aren’t the draw, the maintenance is.

One of my reservations is opening up old projects into a new folder. I’m concerned that if it doesn’t line up well in the new version, it will also affect the projeccts in the older version.

Have any of you brought over older projects into the new version? How has it worked out?

soul&folk, just copy the sng file and paste it back with a different name. Never open the copy with v4 there shouldn’t be a problem.

For extra protection copy the whole directory (wav files and all - assuming you are organised and have everything in separate directories…) and then keep the whole copied directory as your backup

Rich

Still some bugs in 4.04 that may need to be worked out. I’m getting out of sync playback with frozen tracks using some plugins (SIR reverb and Crystal VSTi so far), while sync returns again when unfrozen. Just a heads up for the upgrade contemplators :) Don’t know when I’ll have time to put in a decent report, though, so volunteers are welcome… :D

Tony

Quote (soul&folk @ Feb. 15 2005,16:51)
One of my reservations is opening up old projects into a new folder. I'm concerned that if it doesn't line up well in the new version, it will also affect the projeccts in the older version.

Have any of you brought over older projects into the new version? How has it worked out?

I had trouble with song files recorded in v4, opened with v3. That was why I exclamed that I was trapped in v4 :D #### the world was built on dares, take the plunge. :cool: It makes recording and editing much more exciting! :D Live life to it's fullest! :D What are you waiting for?

I loaded up a 26 track project in V4 (after making a copy of the .sng file first!). The project has 5 Aux channels, loads of effects, loads of cut/paste tracks, groups, markers, etc, (no midi).

All seemed to play OK. Didn’t try any recording.

HTH

Mark

It had a good recording session last night with V4.0.4 build 1768. I got a little nervous when I selected two tracks to mixdown to one, when I clicked “ok” the mixdown dialog box disappeared with no mixdown.
I closed and reopened ntrack and had no problems a second time. I did everything except cut and paste. But I tested that earlier yesterday afternoon and know that works fine. I never record midi, recent sessions with a keyboard player where recorded direct line and turned out great. I have to say it’s all working very nicely it’s better than v3. and seems as stable now.

As soon as I know that DrWatson postmortum Debugger isn’t a necessity for my xp setup, it’s gone! ntrack and DrWatson do not get along at all!

Quote (Scantee @ Feb. 16 2005,00:18)
Still some bugs in 4.04 that may need to be worked out. I'm getting out of sync playback with frozen tracks using some plugins (SIR reverb and Crystal VSTi so far), while sync returns again when unfrozen. Just a heads up for the upgrade contemplators :) Don't know when I'll have time to put in a decent report, though, so volunteers are welcome... :D

Tony

Managed to get the bug report in late last night, and today:
Build 1770 - Thursday, Frebruary 17, 2005
Fixed problem with tooltips for volume evolution nodes not appearing correctly when vertically scrolling the song
Fixed problem with plug-ins latency compensation not correctly applied to frozen tracks
Big windows are automatically made smaller to avoid occupy too much of the screen

:cool:
Can't test it 'til tonight, though, unfortunately...

Tony

Thank you Tom… I just set up a new machine with xp and something would grab the system and shoot cpu usage to 94-98% and 10 secs later let it go. I think it was Dr. Watson…'cause I removed it and the problem went away. So I too believe n-Track and Dr. watson do not play well together.

i downloaded it and for some reason i cant mixdown properly with it. and where do you go to submit bugs to flavio cause id love to submit this one so i can start recording again.

Quote (kevinkreiser @ Feb. 18 2005,12:34)

where do you go to submit bugs to flavio

Click on the "Support" button on the left and then "Feedback Form"
Quote (Wick @ Feb. 17 2005,13:22)
Thank you Tom.... I just set up a new machine with xp and something would grab the system and shoot cpu usage to 94-98% and 10 secs later let it go. I think it was Dr. Watson...'cause I removed it and the problem went away. So I too believe n-Track and Dr. watson do not play well together.

Hi Wick,
Zonealarm shows active programs, so I was a little like the guy trying to see if the light stays on in the refrig after closing the door! :cool: I would look at the program list before I started working in ntrack and as soon as I had a N hangup I checked the list and evertime, pesky DrWatson was there!

How did you remove it?
Is that something xp needs? :D Aparently not! Good goin Wick!
Quote (kevinkreiser @ Feb. 17 2005,19:34)
i downloaded it and for some reason i cant mixdown properly with it. and where do you go to submit bugs to flavio cause id love to submit this one so i can start recording again.

Hi Kiven,
I tried to mixdown a couple of tracks and after clciking "ok" on the mixdown dialog box, it dissapeared. It completely vanished leaving ntrack still up. I repeated this 4 times before restarting my comp. After the restart, the mixdowns went flawlessly. Also, everhting else that I've used or tested in verson 4.0.4 1768 has been great!
I see there is a new build tonight 1770
Tom

I’ve just reported another bug, this time with the “autosave” option. It seems that when an autosave occurs, N-track gets confused and thinks the project save file is actually the backup file.

The backup filename appears in the program caption and any subsequent manual saves go to the backup file (had me going there for a few minutes!). As more autobackups occur the backup file name gets longer and more and more backup files appear in the directory.

I hadn’t seen anyone else post about this so I reported to Flavio earlier today.

Mark